The big game tonight - Page 5 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The big game tonight

12 hours ago, adamntg said:

Your doubting tone was supposed to convey sarcasm?  Maybe it's a new kind of sarcasm I haven't come across yet.

Is it like Alanis Morisette would define sarcasm?

Never mind,the thought of years in the doldrums is clearly playing on your mind. 

:ok:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Donaldo87 said:

Indeed..good to see we are back to looking upwards and not "relegation certainties"

I wonder what we'll be after Saturday...they are a fickle bunch on the well forum :lol:

I come on here, as Aberdeen fans are more complementary about Motherwell than most of our own fans!

:lol:

i remember the days when steelmenonline was accused of being "happy clappy"

:shocked:

On 18/02/2016 at 6:53 PM, adamntg said:

With the minimum of respect ;) that's pish.  I watched GMS play for United for four years and while he wasn't always on fire, when he was he was the most exciting player I've ever watched at Tannadice up to, and perhaps even including Ralph Milne, Eamonn Bannon and Paul Sturrock.  He could take a ball outside his own area and drive the length of the pitch leaving defenders on the floor.  And there was end product too, he set up hunners of goals, as well as pitching in with a good number of his own.  That's not even beginning on the mind-boggling ball skills.  Have you ever seen anyone ever do that thing he did at Kilmarnock when he caught the ball on his foot, then his chest and then headed it past the defenders and away?  It was a privilege.

If you don't enjoy watching Gary Mackay-Steven at the top of his game then football really isn't the game for you.

Mackay-Stevens wouldn't get into any United Best XI in front any of those players.  Anonymous in plenty games and let his head go down to easily, Milne ,Bannon and Sturrock would all rip him a new arsehole.

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Mackay-Stevens wouldn't get into any United Best XI in front any of those players.  Anonymous in plenty games and let his head go down to easily, Milne ,Bannon and Sturrock would all rip him a new arsehole.

I didn't say he would.  I said he was more exciting when he was on his game.  The idea that he is "average" is ludicrous.

6 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Serious question, how often was he great, and how often was he almost a waste of a jersey.

If he was so good, surely he would be doing better at a pretty poor Celtic?

Don't know what they have done to him kumnio. But it seems quite similar does he not have a good game for them and then anonymous next one?

4 minutes ago, ShedTA said:

Don't know what they have done to him kumnio. But it seems quite similar does he not have a good game for them and then anonymous next one?

So a good game, then a poor game. Id say thats one definition of an average player.

GMS is an above average player ....what we are left with are poor players none of whom are able to provide any width at all , no pace and unable or more likely unwilling to beat a man which is the main issue with the team and the difference between then and now. ( Oh and the defence and ....loads of things)

GMS was going, no issue there, no team keeps players in the post Bosman era, the timing was shit, should've kept him and Armstrong till end of season not sell weeks before final to CFC. SA's value would've gone up not down as well, probably even make up fee they actually got for GMS. 

Fans shafted by Thomson.

GMS ain't star man at Celtic is he ? Nailed as a first pick for Scotland ......er.....no...and not sure he ever will be.

very skilful and great to watch when he's on his game .......but that's very rare. IMO having also watched him for years.