Tv Reporters Body Language - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tv Reporters Body Language

Gavin Esler, Simon McCoy, Kay Burley, Adam Bolton - this morning, and for the last couple of days to be honest, don't look like people who are in their element. This should be THEIR moment. It's what they have trained and lived for in the last 30 years.

Tomorrow is the date of the biggest live TV event from the last 307 years (haha) that's apparently on a knife edge.

Look at the eyes - resigned and dejected. Defeated even.

Anyone else picking up the same vibe?

Until the polls of 2 weeks ago, none of them gave a shit because they naturally expected a 70/30 victory or whatever for No. It was simply an internal squabble up there in Jockland which of course the establishment would win easily.

They had no interest in the referendum, they don't understand the issues behind it, and they were woefully unprepared for the news that it's on a knife-edge.

Now they're having to cover it as a headline story and they're having to ad-lib it from a position of absolute ignorance....I suspect they simply pick up the Daily Mail and Telegraph in the morning and use these papers as their point of reference.

It's quite amusing to see.

I agree Rossy but too many of the first questions to interviewees and fellow reporters this morning are like, "Don't you think it's too little too late and that more could have been done?" (to No related campaigners). It's already got a post mortem feel to it. And, just to add to the list of the unusually glum looking people, considering how close this is meant to be, John Reid was on a minute ago looking simply gutted. That's the only way to describe it.

I agree Rossy but too many of the first questions to interviewees and fellow reporters this morning are like, "Don't you think it's too little too late and that more could have been done?" (to No related campaigners). It's already got a post mortem feel to it. And, just to add to the list of the unusually glum looking people, considering how close this is meant to be, John Reid was on a minute ago looking simply gutted. That's the only way to describe it.

your doing what many are doing on here. Every bit of news is twisted to suit your view on the result outcome. Don't read too much into Kay Burley's behaviour traits. She is devoid of emotion . Some commentators are whispering 56/44 No. I want it to be true but I know it isn't.

The unionists were glum when they were miles ahead in the polls they need that glumness to keep them happy so I wouldn't read to much into it.

your doing what many are doing on here. Every bit of news is twisted to suit your view on the result outcome. Don't read too much into Kay Burley's behaviour traits. She is devoid of emotion . Some commentators are whispering 56/44 No. I want it to be true but I know it isn't.

I agree with all of that.

Reporters aren't 'glum' because they feel they know the result, they're simply asking the first banal question that comes into their head...especially those who have very little knowledge of the issues surrounding the referendum.

No-one has a feckin clue about what's going to happen tomorrow....no bookies, no reporter, no politician. The result rests solely with the around 400k who will make up their minds the second that they pick up the pen in the polling booth.

13:54: Cameron: I won't quit

Prime Minister David Cameron has insisted he will not quit if there is a Yes vote.

14:02: Prime Minister's nerves

David Cameron admitted he was concerned that the United Kingdom could be on the verge of breaking up.

_77638527_hi023915682.jpg

Fear.

Edited by thplinth

Prime Minister David Cameron has insisted he will not quit if there is a Yes vote.

David Cameron admitted he was concerned that the United Kingdom could be on the verge of breaking up.

Fear.

I have the fear! 48 hrs... Keep getting every last vote!

Fear.

Not 'arf!....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2759630/After-I-ve-faced-assassination-welcome-release-Under-pressure-Cameron-admits-s-nervous-referendum-stays-England-anyway.html