Denmark Game Venue - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Denmark Game Venue

kmcca5

If you read what I said you would see that if a membership refund was on offer then everyone would be applying knowing they couldn't get a ticket but could claim a refund.

Scotland fans must be the biggest whinging moaning tossers in football. Everything the SFA or SSC do or don't do gets a level of whinging off the richter scale.

Would you really join/renew only to claim a refund 3 months later on a point of principle.

People greeting because we didn't organise any friendlies in November, now we have 2 in March and they still find something to greet about.

I'm definitely not going to Denmark game as I'm using up my hols the week before for Prague.

Would consider trying to wangle a day off if it wasn't at Hampden.

Same here Scotty :(

Would have liked to come up for the match v Denmark but want to return to Prague to rid myself of the demons of the last match !

4-6-0.........shudder big time :(

Same here lads! Already taking 3 days off for Prague and can't justify another 2 for a home friendly in a stadium that will only be 1/3 full at most.

Of course I could take a half day for the Denmark game to travel down and get back to Aberdeen in the early hours but you really need the day of and the day after the game off work to fully enjoy it and recover :beer2:

Funny how the here for the party TA can make it to Prague (or any other city abroad) no problem whatsoever but not Glasgow.

Its about away match points and days off for me Haggis - and I am sure its the same for many a fan not based in the central belt. If you had the chance of a 3 day trip to Prague with your annual leave or a days p!ss up half spent travelling to and from Glasgow I am sure you would pick Prague...

Plus next campaign (apart from Wembley of course) the stadiums are small so our allocation will reflect that... going to an away friendly rather than a home one could be the difference between getting and not getting a ticket for these stadiums...

Would you really join/renew only to claim a refund 3 months later on a point of principle.

People greeting because we didn't organise any friendlies in November, now we have 2 in March and they still find something to greet about.

Nothing would surprise me with the supporters we have nowadays. If it was in Aberdeen or Edinburgh there would still be moaning. If Strachan plays kids and we lose they will moan that he should have played a stronger team, if he plays a strong team they will moan he should have played kids.

The same people who lambasted levein for not picking Fletcher giving abuse to Strachan for continually picking.. eh.. Yip. FLETCHER.

you couldn't make it up.

Nothing would surprise me with the supporters we have nowadays. If it was in Aberdeen or Edinburgh there would still be moaning. If Strachan plays kids and we lose they will moan that he should have played a stronger team, if he plays a strong team they will moan he should have played kids.

The same people who lambasted levein for not picking Fletcher giving abuse to Strachan for continually picking.. eh.. Yip. FLETCHER.

you couldn't make it up.

??

you couldn't make it up.

Usually it's the Old Firm glory hunters.

The kind who hop aboard the Scotland bandwagon and desperately search for tickets when we are on a good run but then jump off and furiously slag off Scotland or support another country when we're on a bad run.

you couldn't make it up.

Stephen Fletcher was a great example of someone who got better with every game he *didn't* play for Scotland. I know his club form was better when he was in the wilderness than it is now - to be fair it could hardly be worse - but to hear some at the time, you would have thought he was a world beater. Personally I think in the last few years he's been the best we've had, probably worth looking at Griffiths in the long term though.

Usually it's the Old Firm glory hunters.

The kind who hop aboard the Scotland bandwagon and desperately search for tickets when we are on a good run but then jump off and furiously slag off Scotland or support another country when we're on a bad run.

Coming from someone who himself doesn't go to Scotland games...

That will most likely apply for us, don't see any issue with it.

I don't have an issue with it either. Was just an observation.

Anyone who says they go to away friendlies for the football is talking pish. Things like that prove it. They're there on a jolly, which again there's nothing wrong with, but it's pointless pretending otherwise.

I know that you posted on here that you don't go to Scotland games, so maybe you should refrain from slagging other people for the same thing.

Incorrect.

I haven't been to a Scotland game since 2012 owing to high prices and having to be a lot more careful than I was in the past with my money, not being in a job that pays much and after going through a period of unemployment.

Food, clothes, transport, heating, repairs etc take greater precedence over a football match.

You know nothing at all about my circumstances.

I know as much about your circumstances as you do about the people you are criticising.

So no apology then for a completely uncalled for attack on how I live, spend and save my money ?

And I stick to my main point, the biggest moaners are the Old Firm glory hunters who become temporary Scotland fans for one big match and then revert to slagging us and supporting other teams.

Is this not your fourth or fifth account now ? :-))

So no apology then for a completely uncalled for attack on how I live, spend and save my money ?

And I stick to my main point, the biggest moaners are the Old Firm glory hunters who become temporary Scotland fans for one big match and then revert to slagging us and supporting other teams.

Is this not your fourth or fifth account now ? :-))

Why have I to apologise for pointing out your hypocrisy?

You're a hypocrite for slagging people not going to Scotland games when you don't either. If that's your circumstances then fair enough but you don't know other people's so don't be slagging them.

You just (perhaps deliberately) missed my entire argument. I made no reference at all to other people's circumstances, rather I condemned those Old Firm fans who jump on the bandwagon for one or two games and then are back to slagging off our national team.

I'm not debating with a complete fool like you anymore. Waste of time. Get a grip of yourself.

You just (perhaps deliberately) missed my entire argument. I made no reference at all to other people's circumstances, rather I condemned those Old Firm fans who jump on the bandwagon for one or two games and then are back to slagging off our national team.

I'm not debating with a complete fool like you anymore. Waste of time. Get a grip of yourself.

So you're criticising people for only going to some Scotland games when you go to none?

Think it's you that needs to get a grip.

Yes but people won't go back if everything about a game is crap.may as well settle for junior leagues if all I wanted to do is watch football.

Edited by allyc