Utd At Hearts - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Utd At Hearts

With a decent goalkeeper we still would be struggling because of how poor the rest of the squad is but probably still in touch with the teams above. It beggars believe how MacNamara thought that having 3 young goalkeepers with something like 4 top flight games was ever going to work - especially given how how poorly those young keepers had played in those games.

I have always believed that we had a chance of staying up because Mixu would be able to bring his own players in January but I am losing confidence in Mixu himself. No recognised striker in tne second half. Swapping defensive midfield players with 10 minutes to go when you are a goal down, you have no more substitutions and haven't had a shot on target since halftime. This strange goalie not allowed to kick the ball long ploy (3 centre halfs, one in front of the box, one left, one right, keeper passes the ball to one of them who kicks it long or mispasses it. WTF is that all about?)

Unless we have 4 new players in very soon, I really think we are down. Unfortunately I am not getting any sense of urgency from the club that they are prepared to do that.

I was amazed they persisted with the playing the ball out to the defenders standing near the corner flags from goal kicks for the whole of the first half last night. Time and time again they ended up losing the ball from it around 30 yards from goal and inviting pressure.

How many more games do you have against Killie? Anything less than full points and it's probably done.

Hopeful of an instant return if you do go down?

Too soon to say if we come straight back up. If Hibs and Rangers go up this year then we should have a good chance.

And like buses, opposition goals come in pairs.

And it's Buaben, who we wouldn't offer a contract to last year. Oh, and we released Hearts captain Gomis as well.

Ye can have them back, they're fkin mince. If we actually had a couple of central midfielders that could keep hold of the ball then we'd be top of the league.

Utd's next three league games are Dundee, Celtic and Killie. Could be all over after these games.

That's definitely a tough one for them.

I suppose having the split might work out well in that they'll be playing teams close( r ) to them in the hope of catching them.

Edited by Stewart_Aberdeen

That's definitely a tough one for them.

I suppose having the split might work out well in that they'll be playing teams close( r ) to them in the hope of catching them.

Guess it depends how much damage is done pre-split.

Last season St. Mirren won 3 of the 5 post split matches (and on of the defeats was a last day dead rubber against Accies), but we still went down as in reality the die was cast before the split. Utd could easily find themselves in that position if not careful.

Seriously though, this Japanese goalkeeper.

How many caps for Japan? Not all that old either.

But Utd are the first suitable offer he's had since the end of the season.

Something doesn't quite ring true.

Correct. It is all a bit strange. But he is experienced and by all accounts half decent - so basically what we need.

Pretty much resigned to championship football next year now. Could handle it provided we are straight back up but there's little guarantee of that at the moment with this squad.

That's the problem. The standard of (at least the top half) of the Championship now is such that an immediate bounce back is far from as likely as it used to be.

I'm not even using St. Mirren as an example in that as we are completely shite and at no stage did I ever think we would come straight back.

That said, I probably didnae think we'd get relegated either!! :-)

That's the problem. The standard of (at least the top half) of the Championship now is such that an immediate bounce back is far from as likely as it used to be.

I'm not even using St. Mirren as an example in that as we are completely shite and at no stage did I ever think we would come straight back.

That said, I probably didnae think we'd get relegated either!! :-)

Yeh could prove a nightmare. Would rather avoid the challenge!