Our Next Qualifier.... - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Our Next Qualifier....

er yir macaroon

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From looking at your group and third placed seeding, you got a handy enough 1st/2nd seed, a decent 4th seed (No pushovers either) an awkward enough 5th seed (Faroes would've been the ideal one) and Malta who you should beat.

Malta could be a bit awkward on their home patch first qualifying game in early September when it's hot but I think you'll do enough to get the win.

Slovakia,Slovenia and Lithuania are more or less on the same level as Scotland (and ourselves) ability wise so I think Scotland will be there or thereabouts for the playoff spot.

From looking at your group and third placed seeding, you got a handy enough 1st/2nd seed, a decent 4th seed (No pushovers either) an awkward enough 5th seed (Faroes would've been the ideal one) and Malta who you should beat.

Malta could be a bit awkward on their home patch first qualifying game in early September when it's hot but I think you'll do enough to get the win.

Slovakia,Slovenia and Lithuania are more or less on the same level as Scotland (and ourselves) ability wise so I think Scotland will be there or thereabouts for the playoff spot.

There is no play off. First and second qualify, except worst second place.

Assuming everyone fit, especially Brown, who I don't believe was in our last few qualifiers. If Lewis Macleod can get a long run of games he could replace Brown

Macleod who hasn't played a single game for a year because:

"Macleod's recovery suffered further setbacks when tripping over a twig and accidentally stepping down a rabbit hole in separate incident"

look guys, it will be the usual story with Scotland. We live for the qualifying campaign, we know we are unlikey to get the finals but we gotta enjoy the games as they come and get stuck in.. drink some beer etc..

Extra spice in this one due to the Engerlish being in there, but otherwise it's just another seemingly impossible group to get out of.

Scotland sometimes surprise you DURING the group but the end result is always the same - no finals. (2006-07 we were shocked how good we got in a group that should have been impossible)

we're shyte lets just face it but the players should be giving it 100% determination on the pitch as there is fk all to lose.

I'll be in the pub in September shouting on the boys and cursing the ref as usual. What more can you ask from you're football team?

happy new year everyone..

look guys, it will be the usual story with Scotland. We live for the qualifying campaign, we know we are unlikey to get the finals but we gotta enjoy the games as they come and get stuck in.. drink some beer etc..

Extra spice in this one due to the Engerlish being in there, but otherwise it's just another seemingly impossible group to get out of.

Scotland sometimes surprise you DURING the group but the end result is always the same - no finals. (2006-07 we were shocked how good we got in a group that should have been impossible)

we're shyte lets just face it but the players should be giving it 100% determination on the pitch as there is fk all to lose.

I'll be in the pub in September shouting on the boys and cursing the ref as usual. What more can you ask from you're football team?

happy new year everyone..

I hope tae you're no doing the team talk for these games :lol: