Ryder Cup Train / Coach Tickets (Edinburgh) - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryder Cup Train / Coach Tickets (Edinburgh)

Does anyone have any spare return train / coach tickets from Edinburgh to Gleneagles on Friday or Saturday that they would be willing to sell to me? 2 required for Friday and one for Saturday.

There are no seats left on either service all day from Friday - Sunday... Crazy!

Many thanks!

What about park and ride from Stirling? That's how we are getting there

There is a park n Ride at Perth also ... maybe easier if travelling from Edinburgh..

Thanks chaps. I know a few Welsh chaps that are coming up (staying in Glasgow) and they're struggling to get to Gleneagles. It's embarrassing all the trains are sold out but I suppose Gleneagles station would simply be unable to cope with bigger numbers.

Is the Perth park & ride not from McDiarmid? That's a bit out the way. Stirling may be a better bet.

Edit: I see the Stirling one is beside the M9 - not exactly hand as they would be getting the train to Stirling. There are buses from Edinburgh but the last one leaves at 06.45!

Edited by Charlie Endell

• 2 weeks later...

I find that you saying that it's embarrassing that trains are sold out a bit strange.

Thanks chaps. I know a few Welsh chaps that are coming up (staying in Glasgow) and they're struggling to get to Gleneagles. It's embarrassing all the trains are sold out but I suppose Gleneagles station would simply be unable to cope with bigger numbers.

Is the Perth park & ride not from McDiarmid? That's a bit out the way. Stirling may be a better bet.

Edit: I see the Stirling one is beside the M9 - not exactly hand as they would be getting the train to Stirling. There are buses from Edinburgh but the last one leaves at 06.45!