Happy Birthday Neil - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Happy Birthday Neil

Happy birthday Shakey.

On a related note, anyone going to any of the upcoming Nils Lofgren gigs? Only found out about them last week but am tempted by the prospect - have seen him loads of times with Springsteen but never solo. Plays the Music Hall in Aberdeen on Tuesday.

Edited by neilser

Happy birthday Shakey.

On a related note, anyone going to any of the upcoming Nils Lofgren gigs? Only found out about them last week but am tempted by the prospect - have seen him loads of times with Springsteen but never solo. Plays the Music Hall in Aberdeen on Tuesday.

I've seen him a few times. He is excellent. Go for it. :ok:

The level of detail is ridiculous - especially concerning model railways.

Yeah, he is a bit of a anorak who enjoys his model railways (IIRC he has one of the largest collections in the World or something) and his classic 1950's car (and then boring the world to death about how he has converted them to not need fossil fuel any more)

He does have a penchant for Tap-esque stage sets - I remember seeing him at the SECC when an organ was lowered from the gods for Like a Hurricane.

The "Are you passionate?" tour in 2002? He didn't do Like a Hurricane on the organ (that was done with crazy horse towards the end of the set), but it was the same organ he used on the MTV unplugged album (which apparently Neil hates)....I remember everyone going crazy when the organ came out thinking we were getting "LAH", and he went into this yew song. He has a habit of chucking a song into his set that never see's the light of day on any album, and I think that got the organ treatment at that gig.

That tour was odd, as it was a couple of months before the album came out, so he was effectively playing totally brand new songs that nobody had ever heard of before.

Edited by wanderer