Died Dug - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Our dog is getting on a wee bit and whilst hopefully he's got a good few years left in him yet I was wondering the other day that if he were to die, what would we do with him? We are in a flat so couldn't bury him in the garden and after a fruitless Google search it wasn't immediately clear to me if I can arrange for the council to collect or whether this is something you do through a vet or some type of animal service.

Anyone know about this? Cheers.

My 20 year old cat died last year. Took her to a pet cemetery and had her cremated (£65.00 I think, plus £10.00 for little wooden box for the ashes) Buried her under a tree in the garden she always used to climb when she was younger.

Vet arranged Murphy's cremation - told me not to bury him in the garden because foxes would dig him up. You can pay extra to get the ashes back to scatter them if you wish.

Since leaving the auld yins (baith deid, of course) - 40 years ago - I got cats (five at one point), but I could deal with it.

Most lived 12-23 (!!!!) seriously years and most needed 'put to sleep' - 'she' had to deal with that.

But, one day, a neighbour, who happened to be a young dentist - it's relevant - (I used tae call him the Novocaine kid' - he was aye high as ), put a note through my door saying one of my pussies was (brown bread'), but his burd had dealt with it.

I have to say, in drink - aye, there's a theme - I was intrigued, so knocked at his door to find where wee Benjie - who was a stray and around 15-17 - was.

He was trying to sell his flat and, as it was warm - even on Manchester - he wanted to present a great lawn-side/garden vista for the potential buyers.

So, seeing the wee moggie asleep on the grass, he was happy enough for her (sic) (she was called Benji) just lay on the grass after three viewers visited.

She wild be there... 'cos she was 'deid'.

His partner - his dental nurse - twigging the wee bugger had outdone her nine lives - picked her up off the lawn (ooooooooooh) and moved her into their flat.

But, with potential buyers due, she really didn't want wee Benji to sort of ''' hover, and the box wiz too wee - so she broke the cat's legs tae get her into the box.

I was upset, she was a nasty bass - Benji, not the dental nurse but, I got the box, put it in the motor and took her to the cat crem - there will be one near you.

Hope it's not soon, BTW!

Since leaving the auld yins (baith deid, of course) - 40 years ago - I got cats (five at one point), but I could deal with it.

Most lived 12-23 (!!!!) seriously years and most needed 'put to sleep' - 'she' had to deal with that.

But, one day, a neighbour, who happened to be a young dentist - it's relevant - (I used tae call him the Novocaine kid' - he was aye high as ), put a note through my door saying one of my pussies was (brown bread'), but his burd had dealt with it.

I have to say, in drink - aye, there's a theme - I was intrigued, so knocked at his door to find where wee Benjie - who was a stray and around 15-17 - was.

He was trying to sell his flat and, as it was warm - even on Manchester - he wanted to present a great lawn-side/garden vista for the potential buyers.

So, seeing the wee moggie asleep on the grass, he was happy enough for her (sic) (she was called Benji) just lay on the grass after three viewers visited.

She wild be there... 'cos she was 'deid'.

His partner - his dental nurse - twigging the wee bugger had outdone her nine lives - picked her up off the lawn (ooooooooooh) and moved her into their flat.

But, with potential buyers due, she really didn't want wee Benji to sort of ''' hover, and the box wiz too wee - so she broke the cat's legs tae get her into the box.

I was upset, she was a nasty bass - Benji, not the dental nurse but, I got the box, put it in the motor and took her to the cat crem - there will be one near you.

Hope it's not soon, BTW!

I'd've got a grip off the cows throat and punched out her

THE wee hairy -face was deid... we put he under and she'd had a great life - I get yer sentiments, mind. (People are shite - animals not so.`) :ok:

So she snapped the poor things legs just to fit him/her in a box?? What was wrong with wrapping him/her in a towel or blanket and placing the cat in a bag or something till her visitors were away?? Deid or no deid that's no way to treat someone's pet

I don't understand how you can be as understanding as you are about the whole situation

So she snapped the poor things legs just to fit him/her in a box?? What was wrong with wrapping him/her in a towel or blanket and placing the cat in a bag or something till her visitors were away?? Deid or no deid that's no way to treat someone's pet

I don't understand how you can be as understanding as you are about the whole situation

I've - as others on here - seen humans treated worse.

Still prefer people to creatures that never had a choice, man.

Fair play to you. :ok:

I've - as others on here - seen humans treated worse.

Still prefer people to creatures that never had a choice, man.

Fair play to you. :ok:

I couldn't be any further from some animal rights, tree hugging bam and I know what you mean about humans etc but there's a way to go about things. You must be a better man than me put it that way if you could be as calm about it all

???

It upset me - but I've see live folk - briefly - with their nappers lopped off on a Friday in Rihadh... but my wee cat was dead. I ahd a cnut - wee NCO ##### - hand a mother cat I was looking after. (I threw a livele fan heater fin his hot tub - now that was funny watching him (walking on water;,! Cnut!!!!

Edited by Wibble