Where Staying - Slovakia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Where Staying

blackcountry jock

I'm flying into Bratislava night before the game so will definitely stay there that night. Might stay the night in the town where the game is being played and then head back to Bratislava the following day - return flight departs at about 1700.

Dependent on where the game actually is and how many folk are with me.

Our flight back is 1105 the morning after the match , so we'll maybe need to taxi it back after the game to Bratislava . Not much point in a nights accommodation in Trnava/Zilina

there are a few trains from Zilina to Bratislava running through the night too

Katowice and Krakow in Poland are about the same distance from Zilna as Bratislava, I would imagine many will look at one of these routes, especially Krakow, given flights to there are normally cheap as chips.

Edited to add, just had a look Easyjet direct from Edinburgh to Krakow, average price is less than £100 return for random midweek dates next year, not on sale yet for match dates, but they won't change much.

Edited by Jersey Jim

Katowice and Krakow in Poland are about the same distance from Zilna as Bratislava, I would imagine many will look at one of these routes, especially Krakow, given flights to there are normally cheap as chips.

Edited to add, just had a look Easyjet direct from Edinburgh to Krakow, average price is less than £100 return for random midweek dates next year, not on sale yet for match dates, but they won't change much.

Problem is, looking at the map you would think Krakow and Katowice to Zilina was straight forward, but there is very little in terms trains between the two, with bus the only real option.

I've done a few trips where we have hired a minibus and driver to take us from hotel to venue, then return next day, one of my most memorable trips was hiring a minibus and driver from Vilnius to Minsk. Easily done on the cheap, in fact the best part of that trip was the bus trip :cheers3:

If going by train, Katowice looks the best option, as it is the most "direct" route (and even then, you do seem to spend hours going in the totally wrong direction before finally getting another train that takes you to Zilina) as Krakow means having to go to Katowice anyway.

Bus does look the best option, and if you can get a crowd together to get a private hire, all the better :ok:

There aren't many trains between Katowice and Ostrava/Bohumin anyway, but there is one direct train between Katowice and Zilina each day. From both Krakow and Katowice you can take a bus to Cieszyn, then it's only one hour from the Czech side of the border to Zilina. That'll cost less than £10 each way

I'm convinced we'll play in Trnava and not Zilina.

The stadium in Trnava is brand new and has UEFA 4-star status.

probably. although they're using both grounds next month for the friendlies.

Not fussed either way to be honest

• 1 month later...