Ross County Supporters Bus Attacked - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ross County Supporters Bus Attacked

How does a football club police a lifetime ban? For example after a period of time what's to stop someone paying in at the gate?

Club bans are a PR excercise, they don't care if you carry on attending. I just moved seats, does pose a small problem buying tickets for a while, but worked out quite well for me, just bought my tickets in someone else's name, and they were a student.

:)

How does a football club police a lifetime ban? For example after a period of time what's to stop someone paying in at the gate?

Well, it's obviously difficult.

Aberdeen don't have pay at the gate available now though, so that might make it a bit easier for them to police things like that.

In theory, the court banning orders wouldn't physically stop folk attending games either, but I guess if you got caught then you'd potentially end up with a jail sentence.

In theory, the court banning orders wouldn't physically stop folk attending games either, but I guess if you got caught then you'd potentially end up with a jail sentence.

Someone else I know currently has a football banning order & received a letter from the police before the Old Firm semi final last year saying if he was found to have been in (or in the vicinity of ) Hampden on the day of the game, he would be facing a large fine & the probability of jail time.

They're clearly a bar.

Well that explains a lot then.

It's been against the law to smoke in bars for years now.

I better apologise next time I'm at tannadice/dens park/tynecastle/Easter road/parkhead and hampden.

Not ibrox though,they can go themselves.