Bannan - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bannan

er yir macaroon

If people think Barry Bannan is the key to improving us as a team then maybe we are worse off than I thought.

Not quite the point of my OP. Our downfall coincided with his omission.

He is quite similar to Barry Ferguson on the ball in the way he can retain possession, although not as dominant or quite as assured. He has a bit more flair though. We miss that sort of player. Brown is erratic and can't control the tempo and Morrison tries to dribble out of situations.

I have always liked him, and always thought he looked like a great passer of the ball ( I remember going to a game v Lithuania on a probably freezing cold Wednesday night only because i knew he was starting - and he rocked it). I don't quite understand how he keeps getting dropped by fairly average clubs. It's almost as if I am wrong...but I don't think I am. Definitely in the squad for me, as for the starting 11...depends on form etc

I have always liked him, and always thought he looked like a great passer of the ball ( I remember going to a game v Lithuania on a probably freezing cold Wednesday night only because i knew he was starting - and he rocked it). I don't quite understand how he keeps getting dropped by fairly average clubs. It's almost as if I am wrong...but I don't think I am. Definitely in the squad for me, as for the starting 11...depends on form etc

Bannan's a good player when he's confident enough and also match fit. The problem is that he's a wee bit of a ned. He's had disciplinary problems (usually involving drink and nightclubs) at a couple of his teams.

• 2 weeks later...

Technically gifted? He can't cross a ball and misplaces too many passes for international football. Don't mistake him being wee and trying world cup balls for being a great talent

I must be thinking of a different Scotland team that was able to pass convincingly against Wales at home, Georgia away, Ireland away and Poland at home.

Bannan's passing is infinitely better than Morrison and Brown have been lately.