Starting Line-Up (Apparently) - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting Line-Up (Apparently)

andyD

According to the record:

Marshall

Hutton, Martin, Hanley, Whittaker

Brown, D Fletcher

Forrest, Naismith, Ritchie

S Fletcher

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/scotland-stick-steven-fletcher-lead-6597136

Based on this, it feels like we're setting up to try and contain Poland, and sneak a 1-0.

Don't know if that's the best plan honestly, but aww well.

Well, Whittaker or Robertson. Robertson's the attacking options. Whittaker will probably sit and doesn't have a good enough left foot to delivery early from that flank. Whittaker's the more experienced defender tho, so to me that choice is definitely favouring defense at the expense of attack.

Darren Fletcher won't get forwards like McArthur has been for Crystal Palace, he's going to sit, defend, move the ball on. I'll be surprised if he finds himself in the last 3rd in open play.

Ritchie retains the ball more than Maloney does. Maloney will try a thru ball or take a man on, often giving it away, Ritchie (from his previous games for us) tends to roll it back to center mid or his fullback if there's no immediate option on.

Those are the reasons for my thinking anyway.

Well, Whittaker or Robertson. Robertson's the attacking options. Whittaker will probably sit and doesn't have a good enough left foot to delivery early from that flank. Whittaker's the more experienced defender tho, so to me that choice is definitely favouring defense at the expense of attack.

Darren Fletcher won't get forwards like McArthur has been for Crystal Palace, he's going to sit, defend, move the ball on. I'll be surprised if he finds himself in the last 3rd in open play.

Ritchie retains the ball more than Maloney does. Maloney will try a thru ball or take a man on, often giving it away, Ritchie (from his previous games for us) tends to roll it back to center mid or his fullback if there's no immediate option on.

Those are the reasons for my thinking anyway.

Could be right there. I think the fact that a draw won't technically put us out of the tournament will be our downfall in the end.

Poland:

Łukasz Fabiański

Łukasz Piszczek- Kamil Glik- Michał Pazdan- Maciej Rybus

Grzegorz Krychowiak- Krzysztof Mączyński,

Kamil Grosicki- Jakub Błaszczykowski

Arkadiusz Milik- Robert Lewandowski.

Some big names there.

Błaszczykowski must be at least 14 letters ...