Are Aberdeen Worse Than Rangers - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Are Aberdeen Worse Than Rangers

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's close as neither have a centre half.

Taylor's been consistently excellent for Aberdeen for about a year now, and we've still got Reynolds to come back.

I don't think that the blip we're having just now is anything to do with not having a centre-half.

We're undoubtedly worse than Rangers (or any other team) at this exact moment though. The whole team seems to be having a mental mind fart.

Taylor's been consistently excellent for Aberdeen for about a year now, and we've still got Reynolds to come back.

I don't think that the blip we're having just now is anything to do with not having a centre-half.

We're undoubtedly worse than Rangers (or any other team) at this exact moment though. The whole team seems to be having a mental mind fart.

You obviously see him more than me but from what I saw at the weekend Taylor was simply inept..

You obviously see him more than me but from what I saw at the weekend Taylor was simply inept..

As they all were, apparently.

One bad game doesn't take away from the fact that he's been terrific week in, week out for a year now.

seconded

I was having a nice weekend in Glasgow where the football was an after thought. The TAMB wasn't even thought of.

Anyway, well done St Johnstone, we remain top after 10 games which any team would have accepted if it was offered to them before it started.

Aye but you could be 7 points ahead instead of 1 :P

Yeah :lol: bet you thought you had a good chance of beating them also.. And look what happened.

I knew it'd be a tough game (as all our games with them recently have been).

But then i'm not an idiot with a wearrapeepil superiority mindset like you. :ok:

Aberdeen were horsed 5-0 by St J the last season there was a genuine title attempt

90-91 I think

In the end went down to the wire / last game of season v rangers

Yes well beaten in the end

Unfortunately was at the game

Van de Ven for van Der ark and Watt in goals sealed our fate

I was there as a young laddie at that game.

Aberdeen were horsed 5-0 by St J the last season there was a genuine title attempt

90-91 I think

In the end went down to the wire / last game of season v rangers

Yes well beaten in the end

Unfortunately was at the game

Van de Ven for van Der ark and Watt in goals sealed our fate

Yeap, we were hammered 5-0 in one of these freakish games that happens...well, once every 25 years :wink2:

Funnily enough, last Saturday's result was almost 25 years to the day of that one.

We ended up winning 13 games in a row through February, March and April until we threw it away at Ibrox.

What a nutty season that was.

Yeap, we were hammered 5-0 in one of these freakish games that happens...well, once every 25 years :wink2:

Funnily enough, last Saturday's result was almost 25 years to the day of that one.

We ended up winning 13 games in a row through February, March and April until we threw it away at Ibrox.

What a nutty season that was.

I mind the next time we Played Aberdeen the club handed out wee badges outside the ground on entry with the words "Was it really 5 last time?" on them.

The reason that was such a freak result back then is that Saints and Aberdeen respectively were a lot further apart as teams than we have been in recent times. I started following Saints as a young child when we were officially the worst team in the country. So for us to rise through the leagues into the top flight with a new stadium then demolish a team that not long ago had beaten Real Madrid in the CWC was unbelievable.

I mind the next time we Played Aberdeen the club handed out wee badges outside the ground on entry with the words "Was it really 5 last time?" on them.

The reason that was such a freak result back then is that Saints and Aberdeen respectively were a lot further apart as teams than we have been in recent times. I started following Saints as a young child when we were officially the worst team in the country. So for us to rise through the leagues into the top flight with a new stadium then demolish a team that not long ago had beaten Real Madrid in the CWC was unbelievable.

Dons fans took it real hard....scarfs on the track side long before time up. ??Incidentally, I think the Dons won that 2nd game with a late Scot Booth goal iirc.

Dons fans took it real hard....scarfs on the track side long before time up. Incidentally, I think the Dons won that 2nd game with a late Scot Booth goal iirc.

There were a lot of similiarities between that game and Saturday's......everything that could go right for the Saints did, everything that could go wrong for the Dons did as well, and for no real reason Aberdeen totally collapsed in both games. I suppose at least on saturday the players didn't end up throwing punches at each other after 30 minutes.

And that was a better Aberdeen team than this one....as you said, probably a worse Saints one as well. The only player I can really remember from that side was Roddy Grant, and that was only because he used to drink in Wee Jimmies in Cowdenbeath back in the day... :lol:

Edited by Rossy