Kidney Stones - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hope you manage to pass them mate. I had to have surgery a few years back to get rid. The surgeon never told me he'd slice open the end of my knob to reach them. My advice would be to drink iced water till it's coming out you ears. This may force them out naturally. If not then brace yourself!! Doc told me fizzy drinks and eating beetroot were the most probable cause. Not touched either since. Good luck and hope you manage to pass them.

Yep I'm afraid you read that bit correctly. Surgeon told me all was needed was a "wee incision". He neglected to tell me where said incision would be. Lower abdomen I thought. Came round from GA wearing a man sized nappy. Asked the nurse what the story was and she smiled as she showed me the absolute carnage within nappy. Like a butchers display. He had opened up the very tip, large enough to get some surgical instruments up to grab the stone and retrieve. Now I'm sure there are some horrendous surgical tales out there but that was no fun in the slightest!! Upside was the nursing staff's mirth at the sight of me trudging around the ward in a nappy for a couple of days. Not touched fizzy drinks or beetroot since!

Yep I'm afraid you read that bit correctly. Surgeon told me all was needed was a "wee incision". He neglected to tell me where said incision would be. Lower abdomen I thought. Came round from GA wearing a man sized nappy. Asked the nurse what the story was and she smiled as she showed me the absolute carnage within nappy. Like a butchers display. He had opened up the very tip, large enough to get some surgical instruments up to grab the stone and retrieve. Now I'm sure there are some horrendous surgical tales out there but that was no fun in the slightest!! Upside was the nursing staff's mirth at the sight of me trudging around the ward in a nappy for a couple of days. Not touched fizzy drinks or beetroot since!

I'll ask - is your knob alright now?

Had an episode of these buggers. Pissed blood one day thought that's not right. Called 101 and told bring in a sample, checked it they said urinary infection. Spent the next week off and on in pure agony! Travelled to Cardiff for Scotland game spent in agony. Was lucky to have arranged a lift back to Southampton in agony. Straight to bed missus was away. Had to give my Belgium tic away on the Mon night. About an hour later I was in A&E. Doctor explained I had an 8mm stone blocking me on one side and 2 smaller on other. He said we have caught you just in time your kidney is storing shite and about to burst, by this time they were shoving pain relief up my jacksie! Any way they stuck hemostrophy tube and bag in to drain it and kept me in for ten days until the infection cleared. It then took 2 ops through the japs eye and 3 rounds of sonic treatment to get rid! You have my sympathy.

had kidney stones (renal colic) about 12 times since 1996, last episode stone got stuck at the between my kidney channel and entrance to my wonka bar. surgeon had to go in the full length with what felt like a pole with a net on the end of it. to retrieve it Sorted Now. However they asked me did i drink irn bru alot .of which i did , was told that irn bru had a very high mineral content and to stop drinking it. four years on never had a drop of irn bru and thank god no more kidney stones(renal colic).most stones can pass in the normal way however some bigger ones can be blasted by lithotrypsy. Got to keep my last one was about the size of a tic tac but shaped like a meteor loads of sharp edges bit like a metal filling for a tooth.Wouldn't wish them on anyone except my ex wives

Edited by washboarder

Had a suspected attack of these while on holiday in America and stupidly without travel insurance. First attack came when i was climbing a 10m ladder on the edge of a cliff at Mesa Verde. Luckily I managed to pass them without too much discomfort after drinking lots of ice water over the next week. Was so scared after reading the reports of the level of pain that i was looking at flights home every night just in case

Edited by joe545

had kidney stones (renal colic) about 12 times since 1996, last episode stone got stuck at the between my kidney channel and entrance to my wonka bar. surgeon had to go in the full length with what felt like a pole with a net on the end of it. to retrieve it Sorted Now. However they asked me did i drink irn bru alot .of which i did , was told that irn bru had a very high mineral content and to stop drinking it. four years on never had a drop of irn bru and thank god no more kidney stones(renal colic).most stones can pass in the normal way however some bigger ones can be blasted by lithotrypsy. Got to keep my last one was about the size of a tic tac but shaped like a meteor loads of sharp edges bit like a metal filling for a tooth.Wouldn't wish them on anyone except my ex wives

:wtf:

No more iron-bru for me

Aye. Emergency doctor out in the middle of the night. 2 Doses of morphine before they could get me into an ambulance and off to the Western. Absolutely horrendous. Makes toothache pleasurable. Years ago now and can smile about it now. I was told that mine was caused by having too much calcium in my body!!!

Love the comment about not wishing them on anyone except ex-wives. :-)):-)):-))

Have had gallstones - similar thing. Supposed to be higher on pain scale than childbirth - every woman I have spoken to who has had both agrees with this assessment. Absolute agony.

Ended up in hospital for about two weeks in total. Was given tramadol at first and it did absolutely nothing. IV morphine was eventually administered but not before stomach camera and days and sleepless nights of agony. Fortunately urethral opening remained in tact, but I was fingered so much I felt like the last turkey on the shelves at Christmas.

Had them twice, first time they passed naturally. The second time not so lucky, had to get them removed surgically. I knew they went in throughly your side to grab the ####ers but nobody told me they put something up through your Japs eye to push them toward the " grabber ". For a couple of days going for a pee felt like pissing broken glass.