Will Ibrox Sell Out ? - Page 11 - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Will Ibrox Sell Out ?

Robroysboy

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Under 35k for this game is an utter embarrassment for the SFA but they won't admit it.

Hopefully much less at England and RoI games and then just maybe they'll take action.

I can see both England and ROI being well attended, regardless of cost. Gibraltar however will be lucky to get 15,000.

I thought the atmosphere was a bit flat at ibrox.

A FULL house would have been much more encoraging for the players.

Dissapointed in the price of the tickets and i know alot of TA who were in glasgow kilted up but refused to attend out of principle.

At those prices who could crticise them.

Not me.

Edited by Robroysboy

Does anyone have contact details for broadfoot?

Would be interesting to hear their stance in the poor crowd. They felt it was value for money and yet their customers clearly didn't think so. They surely need to take that seriously?

Broadfoot was on charge of BT I believe , aye so still fukin useless.

SFA are not going to admit f,all they'll just blunder on and not give a shit. Because, and I know weve been here before , its NOT just a product. Its supporting you're country and despite feeling ripped off enough will go to make it seem OK for them...sad

SFA are not going to admit f,all they'll just blunder on and not give a shit. Because, and I know weve been here before , its NOT just a product. Its supporting you're country and despite feeling ripped off enough will go to make it seem OK for them...sad

British Telecom ?

Agreed but I would just like to hear their take on it and how they will justify it. They sent out detailed replies using examples such as David Guetta concerts and the like. Now don't get me wrong you couldn't pay me to see David Guetta but his shows sell out in seconds so whoever sets the prices clearly knows their market very well.

For the record I totally agree with you, this isn't a product but they don't see it that way. Basically at the moment they are treating it like a business and a poorly run one at that. Surely your product is only as valuable as what people are willing to pay for it, they need to take that seriously.

Who did everyone contact last time and I'll drop them an email? Would also be handy to get a copy of their last standard reply regarding the prices if anyone has that. I'll copy it in to Clyde Super Scoreboard.

Of course it won't do any good, but will at least pass 10 minutes of my day.

I'm never one for bothering that much about the prices of tickets, but this was a bridge too far & I didn't even consider going.

It's nonsense thinking like this given how things are going under Strachan, but the SFA have only themselves to blame for driving people away.

Would be nice to see the SFA come out & admit they got it wrong, but that's a truly laughable notion. Twats.

I can see both England and ROI being well attended, regardless of cost. Gibraltar however will be lucky to get 15,000.

I know what you mean. I'm not going to any of these 3 games. Far too expensive for the product on show. Sadly the only way these games attendance will be adversely affected is if we lose to Poland. Not something I'd wish for at any time, even if it did sort out The twats at the SFA!

Interestingly, a lot of the folk I usually go with or meet up with didn't go, a couple of the ones that did hadn't really done the maths and blindly signed up.

I ended up going with mates who don't normally go to the games. They quite fancied it as "we're playing well and should win" and being a Saturday it made for a good day out.

Unlike many of the guys who've been scared off by the price, none of the 3 guys I was there with would go to a midweek friendly, or a group game when we had no chance to qualify. (Not a criticism of my mates, just an example of a different type of punter).

So short term the SFA haven't fully seen the impact, but lose a couple of games and all of a sudden we'll see crowds plummet!

Interestingly, a lot of the folk I usually go with or meet up with didn't go, a couple of the ones that did hadn't really done the maths and blindly signed up.

I ended up going with mates who don't normally go to the games. They quite fancied it as "we're playing well and should win" and being a Saturday it made for a good day out.

Unlike many of the guys who've been scared off by the price, none of the 3 guys I was there with would go to a midweek friendly, or a group game when we had no chance to qualify. (Not a criticism of my mates, just an example of a different type of punter).

So short term the SFA haven't fully seen the impact, but lose a couple of games and all of a sudden we'll see crowds plummet!

You are right. It's not completely crazy to suggest we could lose our next two games and be pretty much out of contention, especially if Ireland were to beat Germany tomorrow.

If that happens, the crowds for the last 3 matches will struggle to get past 20,000 at the current prices.

I cant see there being more than 40,000 in the ground, with 35,000 a real possibility. That is going to look like a hell of a lot of empty seats.

I've been going along to qualifiers since the Italia 90 campaign, and you can count on one hand the number of home games I've missed in that 25 years. In the McLeish/McFadden era, we had a loose group of 12-20 folk meeting up in Glasgow from far & wide to go to the games. In recent years, I've also been taking my kids along too (paying full price to get them into the North Stand).

This campaign, there will be none of us there, as far as I am aware. Despite us having the most cohesive and tactically astute team in ages, the pricing policy has sickened everyone.

I have no plans to go to any one of the qualifiers, but I do still have the option as a SSC member should something change.

So, the 35k guess was about right. However, I've now bought tickets for the Ireland game (but not the match against The Shire). The power of playing well has over-ridden the post-referendum + Ibrox + pricing blues which were the combined reasons for us swerving the Georgia game.

The annoying thing about the pricing is that if the ludicrously high prices continue then we could lose a whole generation of support.....

Saturday qualifiers not selling out.

No dedicated highlights show on terrestrial television.

The SFA are doing a woeful job of marketing and promoting the national team.

Saturday qualifiers not selling out.

No dedicated highlights show on terrestrial television.

The SFA are doing a woeful job of marketing and promoting the national team.

I think highlights were in itv 4. If they were i missed them and cant comment on their depth.

I would be very suprised if they were in depth as the bbc highlights which i used to enjoy watching postmatch.

Although I was literally climbing the walls at missing the Georgia game at Ibrox personally I am not about to change my stance.

I'll be at away games, I won't be at home games for the foreseeable.

Regan and co can ignore the likes of me if he wishes but when they don't hit the mark for ticket sales it’s his job on the line. When they risk non-renewal of membership which is 20 years old will he care? He and his incumbents who set these prices have to pay for the reaction from fans. It’s not good enough to earn roughly the same amount from 36k as you would from 50k if prices were lower, the target of income would certainly have been much higher than that. I have no doubt at all the game would have been a sell out if reasonably priced.

Many like me have been voicing concerns for long enough and been ignored so the only option left is to vote with our feet and stop going no matter how much that hurts. I have written to the SFA a dozen times over 2 years to seek a reasoned response for the change in attitude toward us fans, once I received a reply but that was from the SSC whom the letter was passed to. I have no issue with the SSC or those who run it, like many my issue is with the overall running of the SFA and the attitude towards us but they won’t even engage with the very supporters that help keep them in a job.

The fact that Regan is still in place is astonishing given his lumbering through Scottish football, I realise it’s not just him but he is the one who courts the most publicity when things are good. The treatment of loyal fans get has been gradually degraded over a period of time and it’s no coincidence it’s since Regan took his job on.

He has no understanding what so ever of the affinity Scotland fans have with the team. He thinks that affinity is something to be exploited and neither has he a clue about the traipsing the globe following substandard footballers as we did for many years and throughout it all remaining loyal.

Scotland fans are not like the new generation of Arsenal or Chelsea fans for example willing to pay staggering sums to watch football which has squeezed out many of their most loyal fans. Those who follow Scotland are the same ones who have always followed Scotland and the new fans are of the same ilk, many from the same families, none of them being a new type of fan that can be exploited but all of them having more loyalty than those who want to sit on a heated seat at a game.

What he risks the most is that loyalty. Its ok not being concerned when Scotland are doing well but the test of that is when Scotland are not doing so well, it’s then that loyal fans that were squeezed out financially are needed most as fair weather fans will walk away as quickly as they arrive.

excellent post,heres another voting with his feet and the way i feel at the moment will not be renewing my ssc.first game was late 60,s and first tournament 74 so not new to supporting scotland

sfa got out of jail regards the roi game with the performance and result against poland,defeat might not have seen so many scrambling for tickets

excellent post,heres another voting with his feet and the way i feel at the moment will not be renewing my ssc.first game was late 60,s and first tournament 74 so not new to supporting scotland

sfa got out of jail regards the roi game with the performance and result against poland,defeat might not have seen so many scrambling for tickets

There are also quite a few picking and choosing games which are likely to include the ROI & Germany games as priority over the others.

Likwise, I will be dropping my ssc membership next time, matter of principle and also whats the point? not going to any home games at those prices and I have always been able to get an away ticket for anytime I have needed including opening game of '98 v Brazil. Kept my membership up not just to guarantee tickets but also as a show of support in a way but now Regan and co can GTF. will go to away games only.

• 2 years later...