New Motor - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Yep, and able to shop around online without all the sales patter.

All happy to match and better prices to get deals as well.

And on a two year deal, I only need one service ;-)

I decided to pay the extra 80p per month to get that single service covered.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest I've got a fairly short drive to work, its all in town and takes 20-25 minutes, but twice that and more on the bus. So for commuting its a wee city car I want, but I want.to be able to do the occasional longer run to visit family - rarely more than 70 miles. So something sporty, or a great driving car is pretty pointless for me. Hence looking at the wee things.

get a bike. :ok:

03_t100_blue_275.jpg

A have seriously considered it, but it's just a wee bit too midlife crisis-y

embrace the mid life crisis. Its amazing. use mine every day for work. and the odd long ride at the weekends if i find the time. i actually enjoy my commute to work now regardless of the weather.

Just had a wee look at a seat Ibiza. Two in the showroom identical spec, one brand new, £4k off the list price, one six months old, only a hundred miles on the clock (been sitting on the forecourt). £4600 off the list price. Cheaper one has metallic paint, that's the only difference (so actually £5k off list). Can't decide which is the better deal.

Just had a wee look at a seat Ibiza. Two in the showroom identical spec, one brand new, £4k off the list price, one six months old, only a hundred miles on the clock (been sitting on the forecourt). £4600 off the list price. Cheaper one has metallic paint, that's the only difference (so actually £5k off list). Can't decide which is the better deal.

Ibizas are good wee motors. 1.2 TSI engine?

If it's been sitting for six months there's bound to be room for manoeuvre on price.

Edited by Charlie Endell

not sure if it bothers you but there was a 2015 facelift on the Ibiza. I'd look into what the changes were to see if its an undesirable pre facelift car that's been lying about for a while that they are trying to offload onto you.

I've got an Ibiza. Decent wee cars.

Ibizas are good wee motors. 1.2 TSI engine?

If it's been sitting for six months there's bound to be room for manoeuvre on price.

Nah it's the 1.4 16v 85ps. That's what I thought - more likely to shift a wee bit further on the older one.

not sure if it bothers you but there was a 2015 facelift on the Ibiza. I'd look into what the changes were to see if its an undesirable pre facelift car that's been lying about for a while that they are trying to offload onto you.

Pretty sure they're both pre facelift, I think it might only be coming off the production line now - hence the heavy discounts

Even better reason to just lease it. Still get the big upfront discount, and don't have to worry about the reduced value at the end.

Even better reason to just lease it. Still get the big upfront discount, and don't have to worry about the reduced value at the end.

I've lost oked at leasing and the deals are not my CH better than a finance deal now. And you're left without a car atnthe end of the three year term. I don't really want to pay for a car every month for the rest of my life.

Nah it's the 1.4 16v 85ps. That's what I thought - more likely to shift a wee bit further on the older one.

That engine is pretty much bomb proof (it's been around for years and is fairly simple - no turbo go go pop) - 85ps enough to punt you along quite nicely in an Ibiza. Edited by Charlie Endell

That engine is pretty much bomb proof (it's been around for years and is fairly simple - no turbo go go pop) - 85ps enough to punt you along quite nicely in an Ibiza.

Yeah, its the same workhorse engine that's been in the Polo for years, and on the polo chassis as well. I don't need huge power, quite happy pottering along most of the time.

I've not read through the thread so apologies if this has been said before.

Vauxhall Adam, small sporty looking car, great mileage, £30 tax and cheap as chips. With your budget your payments would be almost nothing. My wife got offered one on PCP for £107 a month.

I quite liked the look of it and it's loaded with kit, at the moment the Astra is her car of choice but she's had it three years and fancies a change. She also looked at the Mokka, a year old one was under 11G.

Edited by andreimack

The Adam is one of the ugliest cars I've ever seen. Mokka SE with all leather interior, heated seats and steering wheel, drug dealer windows all for around £20k is very nice.

http://images.cdn.autocar.co.uk/sites/autocar.co.uk/files/styles/gallery_slide/public/Vauxhall%20Adam%20S%20-%20daytwo%20-%2001.jpg?itok=e8H-3RTL

I don't think it's a bad looking compact car, and the sports model can shift.

I've not read through the thread so apologies if this has been said before.

Vauxhall Adam, small sporty looking car, great mileage, £30 tax and cheap as chips. With your budget your payments would be almost nothing. My wife got offered one on PCP for £107 a month.

I quite liked the look of it and it's loaded with kit, at the moment the Astra is her car of choice but she's had it three years and fancies a change. She also looked at the Mokka, a year old one was under 11G.

!y gf has the Adam Jam which is the basic model as far as I know, cracking wee car and moves swiftly enough. I've drive a few of the sporty ones at work and they are really decent for the size. Would recommend as they are reasonably cheap to lease or buy.

Edited by Kirk