Goal Kicks! - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Goal Kicks!

bh1877

Why, when playing against the world champions, did we continually pump the ball up the pitch, only for fletcher to flick it on to a German, who then proceeded to keep the ball for 15 mins.

The annoying thing was that we just repeated it over and over. No danger of anyone going wide and short and looking to take the ball and feckin pass it to feet. Bad enough giving the ball away trying to pass it but just punting it and giving it straight bk time and again was very frustrating

Why, when playing against the world champions, did we continually pump the ball up the pitch, only for fletcher to flick it on to a German, who then proceeded to keep the ball for 15 mins.

The annoying thing was that we just repeated it over and over. No danger of anyone going wide and short and looking to take the ball and feckin pass it to feet. Bad enough giving the ball away trying to pass it but just punting it and giving it straight bk time and again was very frustrating

Should I start a thread about throw ins?

It was incredible the lack of movement and subsequently the time it took for us to take the throw ins.

There's no excuse for repeating the same mistakes over and again. Really annoying when the game plan obviously doesn't have folk running beyond Fletcher but no one apparently told him or Marshall.

This and various other stupid flaws that shouldn't be there is why we will lose to Poland.

I'd like to be more positive but the way we are going we'd struggle against Gibraltar.

Not just goal kicks. I pointed out to my son early in the game that the team were working really hard to get the ball back. It would then be passed back to our goalkeeper who invariably punted it up the park to the Germans. Compare this to the German goalkeeper, who at least 9 out of 10 times tried to play out from defence from goal kicks or pass backs.

Tell me the last time any team took a short goal kick in a game.

You do realise if we went "short" for a goal kick then they would be right on us and be winning the ball off us 25 yards from our own goal as opposed to 70 yards?

Tell me the last time any team took a short goal kick in a game.

You do realise if we went "short" for a goal kick then they would be right on us and be winning the ball off us 25 yards from our own goal as opposed to 70 yards?

Rangers this season.

Barcelona. Killie about 5 years ago (last time I saw them).

Arsenal.

Plenty of teams. You have to work at it just like any other part of the game but showing some variations would have been a start.

It was the only way Fletcher was going to have a chance of getting a touch of the ball and so try to justify his selection.

Should I start a thread about throw ins?

It was incredible the lack of movement and subsequently the time it took for us to take the throw ins.

That really annoyed me as well as Hutton's insistence that he has some mammoth throw where most of the time it barely makes the penalty box