Why Do Sky And The Bbc Treat Ireland Like They're Part Of The Uk ? - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Why Do Sky And The Bbc Treat Ireland Like They're Part Of The Uk ?

Just wondering.

The equal coverage of the RoI is a bit nauseating, considering they're a foreign country and have their own broadcaster(s).

I thought the BBC told us that come independence, we wouldn't get any coverage ?

Fuxsake, we get more coverage of Ireland on the BBC and Sky than we do Scotland.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said before it All started when Jack Charlton too over ; coverage on football focus on weekly round up of " home nations " ie Ireland drawing 2-2 away to Belgium 88 euro qualifiers

I thought at time was to appease large Irish population living in England

Nobody seem to complain though

I was always miffed about it though ....

Scotland lose to Germany and look like we're going out of the Euros completely and your concern is the coverage that Ireland get?

Fud

He is a kid on nationalist. Doesn't live here, likes rugby , hates all things irish. An upper middle class nonce who really should have supported RFC.

:lol::lol:

Disnae take much to bring out the class in these plastic Paddys, does it ? You just cannae help yourselves.

EK Celt and his wee pet from Port Glasgow back again.

Edited by Rossy

So much of a plastic Paddy that I was at mount Florida tonight while you were in the house posting this.

And probably fingering your dug anaw, ya botton.

Who gives a f*ck, you stupid c*nt ??

what a big internet man you are. :rollsmile:

So much of a plastic Paddy that I was at mount Florida tonight while you were in the house posting this.

And probably fingering your dug anaw, ya botton.

Plastic paddy's? I'm Scottish btw. Live here and pay tax here unlike you.

And the amount of non scots representing us at team sports gives none of us any credibility in this argument.

You twats are too busy being offended you're too stupid to even realise what the point of my opening post was.

But be my guest,continue making utter knobs of yourselves. :lol:

Its bringing them out tonight. :blink:

Re the OP, it pisses me off no end that the Irish are treated like part of the UK when it comes to BBC and in fact over on ITV as well. ####ers pay no licence for the priviledge.

You Orange, Irish hating bast*rd.

You just be a Union loving hun.

You twats are too busy being offended you're too stupid to even realise what the point of my opening post was.

But be my guest,continue making utter knobs of yourselves. :lol:

I'm not offended just can't my head around why some Aberdeen supporting twat thinks what my report on is important. And you don't pay for the BBC so shut the feck up.

I'm not offended just can't my head around why some Aberdeen supporting twat thinks what my report on is important. And you don't pay for the BBC so shut the feck up.

I pay for the BBC through my Sky subscription, and actually through my cable subscription like evryone in Holland does. Once again, you're wrong and making a of yourself.

Better that you shut the f*ck up now.

Have you managed to get yer tiny wee offended brain round the opening post yet ?

I pay for the BBC through my Sky subscription, and actually through my cable subscription like evryone in Holland does. Once again, you're wrong and making a of yourself.

Better that you shut the f*ck up now.

Have you managed to get yer tiny wee offended brain round the opening post yet ?

Congrats on paying for the Beeb. You should write a strongly worded email to points of view. Tell them you hate all immigrants as well.

Rossy you're losing your audience tell us another joke about women staying in and doing ironing, you paragon of progressive thoughts and ideals :-)) :-))

So parochial, although isn't that the BBC motto "This is a local channel for local people"

Edited by phart

Rossy you're losing your audience tell us another joke about women staying in and doing ironing, you paragon of progressive thoughts and ideals :-)) :-))

So parochial, although isn't that the BBC motto "This is a local channel for local people"

in fact here's the motto

"This Temple of the Arts and Muses is dedicated to Almighty God by the first Governors of Broadcasting House in the year 1931, Sir John Reith being Director-General. It is their prayer that good seed sown may bring forth a good harvest, that all things hostile to peace or purity may be banished from this house, and that the people, inclining their ear to whatsoever things are beautiful and honest and of good report, may tread the path of wisdom and uprightness."

Feck that's even more ridiculous than my proposed one.