Bp - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

BP will not leave the North Sea until they have got every last barrel out of their operations there, for all their scaremongering as well.'' BUT '', I hope when we are Independent, that the Scottish Government will just say we do not need you in the West Coast Atlantic Margin as we have other neutral Oil Companies to speak to. I for one would want us to keep out these backstabbing turds out when eventually these oil fields are fully discovered and up and running.

Companies typically don't takes sides in politics because it is always bad for business.

What the managers who run BP have done is potentially very damaging to the interests of BP. They gambled the reputation of BP and risked its future growth here. Why? How is that in the interests of BP? Obviously it is not but the people running it are happy to let it be used this way. What if there is a Yes vote? Lots of new fields to be dished out in North Sea, why would BP think it was getting any? It interefered in the outcome of the election and tried to thwart it. They'd be viewed very unfavourably for a quite a time after that, very bad for future business to compromise your political neutrality because you always deeply piss off about 50% of the population no matter what side you choose.

All of these directors (of RBS, BP Standard Life) are employees not the controlling owners. What they are doing here is deserting their fiduciary duties and using these companies as a w@nk sock for their own political spurtings.

But when you have the BBC openly campaigning for No while censoring the FM who is going to report on it or go ask the shareholders how they feel about it.

Edited by thplinth

After Friday 19th the Scottish government will open discussions with Statoil who announced a new operations center for Aberdeen a few months ago.Don't know what contracts exist with the UK government concerning B,P.but these were made with a different sovereign nation.B.P. senior mgt are being incredibly stupid about this .Are knighthoods really that important to them ?

BP will not leave the North Sea until they have got every last barrel out of their operations there, for all their scaremongering as well.'' BUT '', I hope when we are Independent, that the Scottish Government will just say we do not need you in the West Coast Atlantic Margin as we have other neutral Oil Companies to speak to. I for one would want us to keep out these backstabbing turds out when eventually these oil fields are fully discovered and up and running.

or sell the marginal fields to talisman etc

On the subject of oil is it just me or have the yes people been very quiet with regards to west coast oil in any debates/interviews. Just seems strange that there hasn't been more said about this unless they are holding it back as an ace in the hole

On the subject of oil is it just me or have the yes people been very quiet with regards to west coast oil in any debates/interviews. Just seems strange that there hasn't been more said about this unless they are holding it back as an ace in the hole

Jim Sillars mentioned it on the BBC this morning (see the other thread)

could be ace in hole - although have had folk in past at work say geology is not correct

or 1 of the irish guys at work this last week, told me geology is correct but had been heavy fracturing due to earthquakes previously, and no great successes when BP been looking in Atlantic and Irish Sea

But - then again no one at work thought Mozambique was going to be big and ENI are now investing around $3B in Mozambique

so sometimes guys in the know, dont know