Thurso Boys - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Thurso Boys

slasher

Many thanks to the lads from Thurso who made my night on Sunday. I ended up on my tod most of the day after my boy took no well (not drink related).

Did anyone do the cable car? We were gonna do the whole tourist bit on Sunday but after ending up my own I couldn't be arsed. Just wondered if it was worth it?

Our group did the cable car twice, great wee bar at the top looking out over the city & some brilliant views. We had originally went up as were told there were a few restaurants & bars etc... Turns out that was the other hill. Oops :yikes3:

So you went to the wrong hill......twice ? :lol:

:D

So you went to the wrong hill......twice ? :lol:

2nd time we just went up for the wee bar we went into the first time. But aye, the hill we really wanted to go up was the big one you couldnt miss that had a Big Wheel etc, heard it was good up there... :blush:

But aye, the hill we really wanted to go up was the big one you couldnt miss that had a Big Wheel etc, heard it was good up there... :blush:

Yes, it had spectacular views after a 500m+ Funicular tram ride. The restaurant food was excellent/great value. A decent sized roller coaster and Feck off Ferris Wheel. There was a wedding up there on the Saturday too, it really is a stunning location.

Would have been even more enjoyable had I not been suffering from 'Tbilisi Tummy'......... :mad: