Waiting List - Page 2 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Waiting List

washboarder

Ok just for clarification I have just come off the phone to the sfa the cancelation tickets will be given out like this..... Those on waiting list with most points will be given priority then it will go on first come first basis so basically if you have 3 points and below the list with someone on 2 points the 3 pointer will jump the que but if 5 people on 3 points ( or same points) then tickets will go In order on list have been told to expect a call either today or tommorow as they have hundreds of cancelled tickets and are working through the list btw I'm on 1 point so looking good

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok just for clarification I have just come off the phone to the sfa the cancelation tickets will be given out like this..... Those on waiting list with most points will be given priority then it will go on first come first basis so basically if you have 3 points and below the list with someone on 2 points the 3 pointer will jump the que but if 5 people on 3 points ( or same points) then tickets will go In order on list have been told to expect a call either today or tommorow as they have hundreds of cancelled tickets and are working through the list btw I'm on 1 point so looking good

Did they say they have had to 100s of cancelled tickets?

If so Georgia will be another game where any member who wanted a ticket will get one!

Did they say they have had to 100s of cancelled tickets?

If so Georgia will be another game where any member who wanted a ticket will get one!

I seriously doubt there have been hundreds of cancellations. As most of the tickets will be posted there won't be hundreds, unless they are having a 100% pick up and they've fooled us all. That said I might have to cancel myself but won't know until Friday. And I elected to collect.

Put it this way I'm 164 on the list and have been told to expect a phone call either today or tommorow..... If it was only a few they wouldn't have a waiting list they would just do what they normally do sell them to first person that phones up...... And do you honestly believe 2000+ want/are going to this games ???

I was 66th on the waiting list, and have 0 points. If it is true that people with higher number of points will jump the system again, then that sucks farts.

If people had 3, 4, 5 points, whatever it is, then they had a window to apply. Like many others, I'm trying to get back on the points ladder, but it's increasingly difficult.

I am on 1 point and got tickets for myself and 2 zero pointers this morning. I eamiled them 2 days ago asking about cancellations and got told to call this morning. They did say there are no more at this time. Keep calling or emailing is my suggestion.

Put it this way I'm 164 on the list and have been told to expect a phone call either today or tommorow..... If it was only a few they wouldn't have a waiting list they would just do what they normally do sell them to first person that phones up...... And do you honestly believe 2000+ want/are going to this games ???

No I don't believe they are but the vast majority that are cancelling had no intention of going in the first place. So unless the sfa got lucky with the randomly select collections, I don't see there being hundreds of cancellations Edited by tam4ritchie

Waiting list should be first come first serve. Points shouldn't move you up the waiting list, that's poor imo

I tend to agree. I am saying that as a complete outsider. I'm not going to this game but on 5 points. The high pointers had their chance. The waiting list should be first come first served.

I was 66th on the waiting list, and have 0 points. If it is true that people with higher number of points will jump the system again, then that sucks farts.

If people had 3, 4, 5 points, whatever it is, then they had a window to apply. Like many others, I'm trying to get back on the points ladder, but it's increasingly difficult.

How many people though do you think are on enough points but missed the purchase windows? I would take a guess at about 5 or less. You are talking as though there are hundreds.

That's the whole point of points.

As Blackcountry Jock said

"Ok just for clarification I have just come off the phone to the sfa the cancelation tickets will be given out like this..... Those on waiting list with most points will be given priority then it will go on first come first basis so basically if you have 3 points and below the list with someone on 2 points the 3 pointer will jump the que but if 5 people on 3 points ( or same points) then tickets will go In order on list have been told to expect a call either today or tommorow as they have hundreds of cancelled tickets and are working through the list btw I'm on 1 point so looking good".

It looks like 0 pointers are getting tickets, so I reckon everyone will be fine.

J

I think they are doing it on a daily basis so for example if today they had 20 tickets 6 folk on 2+ points ( regardless of where they are on list) they get first tickets the other 14 go to 1 pointers on a first come basis and so on... Bit unfair as already stated so it is a bit like a lottery if no high pointers want a ticket when they giving them out then 1/0 pointers have a chance.... Under a week until I fly out getting twitchy arse syndrome lol

Edited by blackcountry jock

I think they are doing it on a daily basis so for example if today they had 20 tickets 6 folk on 2+ points ( regardless of where they are on list) they get first tickets the other 14 go to 1 pointers on a first come basis and so on... Bit unfair as already stated so it is a bit like a lottery if no high pointers want a ticket when they giving them out then 1/0 pointers have a chance.... Under a week until I fly out getting twitchy arse syndrome lol

Email them Jock. That's what I did and they contacted me via email to call them

How many people though do you think are on enough points but missed the purchase windows? I would take a guess at about 5 or less. You are talking as though there are hundreds.

You may be right, and it's only a handful. What I'm saying is whether it is 1 or 101, it is wrong if these guys are being moved up a waiting list, which should be first come, first served.

Nae offence but looks like everyone getting tickets that wants.....as for harvesting well overplayed and the SSC not ever going to stop it.....time everyone remembered this is gonny be a great trip and let's look forward to enjoying it rather than griping on about points and tickets.....we will all get in so let's relax and enjoy ??

Just had the phone call for my ticket .... But just proves how many were harvesting I was 164 on list still think there will be a lot of empty seats as some harvesters will have slipped through the net

good to hear Jock! it was obvious everyone who is going would get a ticket but you always feel better once your ticket has been confirmed.

See you out there :ok::beer2:

Edited by clarky1606