Bristol To Faro - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bristol To Faro

Flying from Bristol at 5.25 on the Friday and spending most of the day at Bristol Airport, anyone know any boozers near the airport

Walk about 10-15 minutes away from airport and lovely little pub. Guernsey TA spent about 4 hours there a few years ago. Perfect

Flying from Bristol at 5.25 on the Friday and spending most of the day at Bristol Airport, anyone know any boozers near the airport

There's the Airport Tavern about 5/10 minutes walk from the terminal, it's a bit of s**t hole but much cheaper than the bars in the airport.

If you have time get the bus into Temple Meads and then Bristol is your oyster

This if you have time. Head along the Welsh Back, along the Grove and across the wee bridge to the Waterfront. Head back to the station up Corn Street the n along St Nocholas Street for a massive pub crawl.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby

By the way - anyone flying from Brizzle I recommend the money exchange place at the airport.

MoneyCorp (I think) are pretty good value, especially if you book your money in advance on line.

Bristol city centre does have a few good pubs, I would recommend that if you have time. Lovely place.

Watch your time though, the traffic to & from the airport can be horrendous as the airport is nowhere near any of the motorways. It can take anything from 20 mins on a good day to double that on a bad day.

Edited by Shotts56

And you do the Shaun the Sheep trail!