Starting To Panic - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Starting To Panic

blackcountry jock

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If, and it's a big if we don't take 2,000+ fans and there are substantial gaps, then questions need asked.

Especially given the price. IMHO a 100% collection is a piece of piss spread over 3 days for the SSC to staff and organise.

After all £50 x 30,000 = £1.5m every two years. I'm sure they could fund the Travel and Expenses of a couple of office girls (excuse the sexism) every once and a while.

J

If, and it's a big if we don't take 2,000+ fans and there are substantial gaps, then questions need asked.

Especially given the price. IMHO a 100% collection is a piece of piss spread over 3 days for the SSC to staff and organise.

After all £50 x 30,000 = £1.5m every two years. I'm sure they could fund the Travel and Expenses of a couple of office girls (excuse the sexism) every once and a while.

J

Tottaly agree surely 5 staff giving out 2000 tickets at rate of 1 per minute is only 6hrs each staff even split over 2 days and I'm sure there be more than 5 reps from sfa traveling surely this has to be 100% pick up given the price of tickets and in the long run it will be easier for staff as can you imagine approx 200-400 ticketless fans all goin to pick up point trying to get a ticket that someone had tried to harvest it going to be mayhem if the sfa just came out now and said 100% pick up then it would be a smoother easier couple days for sfa staff only saying like or is that to easy ???

Maybe....just maybe....we are having a succesful campaign and playing good football with Belief in the manager and the players and people will go and watch us back us in our most important qualifier in years as a result.

Maybe, but I have my doubts....

Just going by TAMB alone (granted does not reflect the true/full traveling support) for a away game the Georgia thread is pretty dead compared to other game build up's (when the Gibraltar one is more lively) with just the same faces seeming to post.

Macedonia was pretty much the same.... Not much happening here, we sold 1,700 tickets, and less than 1,000 showed up at the game....

I know the SSC is like a robot when it comes to "using discression" but if there are members that have to go in the home end and there are x hundred tickets not collected and gaps in the stand, then they should at least be given points providing they can check in with the SSC in Tiblisi.

It would be a reall slap in the pus if they spent all that money getting there and cant get in, despite 2,000 not traveling.

That said, it could be we are playing better and more people want to go to away games.

J

Couldn't agree more wanderer under a month to go and apart from ticket issues there not much buzz on here look at other games the buzz by this time was amazing even the wc2018 is getting more hits than this thread.... Fair play to higher points members if they going and I miss out then that tough crap on me I can accept that but if I miss out on a ticket because of harvesters then I will be well pissed of and I for one will not renew my membership... I missed out ssc ticket for Germany got home end don't have problem with that same with Ireland game once agin no problem as higher points got them and that fair enough we can all see this game has harvesters dream so if we can see it surely sfa must do its best to limit this ???!

What is the punishment if you are selected for the random pick up and fail to show up? Is it a slap on the wrist?

At 3 quid a ticket there will be hundreds of folk buying tickets with no intention of travelling.

IMO - Caught harvesting = points wiped out!

What is the punishment if you are selected for the random pick up and fail to show up? Is it a slap on the wrist?

At 3 quid a ticket there will be hundreds of folk buying tickets with no intention of travelling.

I think it's a slap on the wrist if yer a first time offender with the threat of being expelled if it happens again.

IMO a points deduction or wiped out should be the punishment.

Red mark against your name and forced to collect at the next game, with a close eye kept on you after that.

Any repeats caught and membership is canceled

Red mark against your name and forced to collect at the next game, with a close eye kept on you after that.

This is what happens IIRC.

Remember some people genuinely cant go. Child sick, death in the family, work pulling a fast one and canceling your leave, etc. So there has to be some discression.

Equally if there is a cock up the SSC has to have some discression.

J

Couldn't agree more wanderer under a month to go and apart from ticket issues there not much buzz on here look at other games the buzz by this time was amazing even the wc2018 is getting more hits than this thread.... Fair play to higher points members if they going and I miss out then that tough crap on me I can accept that but if I miss out on a ticket because of harvesters then I will be well pissed of and I for one will not renew my membership... I missed out ssc ticket for Germany got home end don't have problem with that same with Ireland game once agin no problem as higher points got them and that fair enough we can all see this game has harvesters dream so if we can see it surely sfa must do its best to limit this ???!

if you don't get one go to the collection point as there are guaranteed to be additional tickets for sale from people who put theirs back / haven't collected it (harvested!) etc.

You should manage to get a ticket, pay for it there and then and be awarded the point instead of the original buyer.

if you don't get one go to the collection point as there are guaranteed to be additional tickets for sale from people who put theirs back / haven't collected it (harvested!) etc.

You should manage to get a ticket, pay for it there and then and be awarded the point instead of the original buyer.

I know that but it a pain in the arse having to wait until the last minute to see if any harvesters oops genuine folk havnt made the trip lol

J

They managed to select circa 5,000(correct me if I'm wrang) members to collect for Wembley without many if any problems. 2,000 should be a doddle

I know that but it a pain in the arse having to wait until the last minute to see if any harvesters oops genuine folk havnt made the trip lol

Thats true! Better late than never though. Only 100% collection would have deterred people from buying tickets who have no intention of travelling.

Everyone who wants a ticket for this game will get one... whether it is from the original sale / calling or emailing the SSC and getting a returned ticket / buying one from the collection point out there.

Plus I am sure there will be one or two selling tickets in the away end ("for a friend who can no longer travel") unofficially also!

I think the potential for Playoffs/Euro's just around the corner where this extra point could be the difference in getting a ticket will only increase the number of harvesters for this game. The punishment encourages them to try it once.. I prefer Zero Tolerance.

I agree with Bristolhibby - genuine reasons for missing the game are fair enough and I'm sure they get sorted out between the person & the SSC. Totally cool with that.

I'm guessing that when harvesters get the email asking them to collect they just contact the SFA to say they can't go anymore and the tickets can go back on sale? If they don't get the email, they get the point and don't show.

Edited by ClanDerby