Kezia Dugdale - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What's the deal with them doing a live tv debate? Surely just an opportunity for them to pitch to the entire electorate and not just Labour members. Hopefully it'll backfire on them and the BBC and remind everyone why they're so unelectable at the moment.

What's the deal with them doing a live tv debate? Surely just an opportunity for them to pitch to the entire electorate and not just Labour members. Hopefully it'll backfire on them and the BBC and remind everyone why they're so unelectable at the moment.

Pretty sure that there was at least one TV debate for the SNP deputy leader election last year.

Labour still don't seem to get it. They're constantly talking about "winning" and being "in power", rather than about ideology.

It's going to be a lengthy spell in the wilderness for them, unless they wise up.

Labour still don't seem to get it. They're constantly talking about "winning" and being "in power", rather than about ideology.

It's going to be a lengthy spell in the wilderness for them, unless they wise up.

A starting point for Labour - in both Holyrood and Westminster - would be to be an effective opposition.

Did anyone watch this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b060dwn3

Puts it in a nutshell. I found it quite sad, but a great insight and worth a watch.

I've seen Kezia in action, and I always felt she was out of her depth and a sacrificial lamb (poor soul - I wanted her to do well being young an all, and at least mount a challenge, but wee Nicky was just to good) - I don't percieve her to have the gravitas, knowledge or wordliness to lead a party - maybe given time.

But, the above link for the docu just shows why they are so out of touch - they just don't seem to have no idea why they are here, what they are doing, or what they are meant or be fighting for. They have no USP.

Edited by HUNTINGMcGREGOR

Did anyone watch this?

Puts it in a nutshell. I found it quite sad, but a great insight and worth a watch.

I've seen Kezia in action, and I always felt she was out of her depth and a sacrificial lamb (poor soul - I wanted her to do well being young an all, and at least mount a challenge, but wee Nicky was just to good) - I don't percieve her to have the gravitas, knowledge or wordliness to lead a party - maybe given time.

But, the above link for the docu just shows why they are so out of touch - they just don't seem to have no idea why they are here, what they are doing, or what they are meant or be fighting for. They have no USP.

I've got the same opinion on Ms Dugdale. She does come over better in her newspaper column and on Twitter (sometimes) but was regularly slaughtered during FMQs.

If this is it for Labour then they really are fecked.

Did anyone watch this?

Saw it a couple of weeks ago. It was sad to watch, like you say, but it does shows how much we have moved on from the early 'toon cooncil' mentality of the Dewar/McLeish era.

Ian Davidson - not a man I normally have much time for - was a revelation. I am not sure whether to admire his caustic honesty or be appalled at his machine gunning of his former colleagues.