John Sutton To Perth Saints - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

John Sutton wasn't suited to the way barraclough wants to play, and Mccall wasn't playing to his strengths earlier in the season.

However, with 12 goals, he was the 5th highest scorer in the premiership, and comfortably Motherwell's top scorer, so to say he contributed nothing is way off the mark!

Not the most mobile, but a proven goalscorer at this level! (Scored more goals for motherwell than his brother managed for celtic over a similar period of time and in a weaker side).

Hope he does well, just not against us.

I believe they are trying to agree an early release from his contract which runs to july, so he can be registered for Europe.

John Sutton wasn't suited to the way barraclough wants to play, and Mccall wasn't playing to his strengths earlier in the season.

However, with 12 goals, he was the 5th highest scorer in the premiership, and comfortably Motherwell's top scorer, so to say he contributed nothing is way off the mark!

Not the most mobile, but a proven goalscorer at this level! (Scored more goals for motherwell than his brother managed for celtic over a similar period of time and in a weaker side).

Hope he does well, just not against us.

I believe they are trying to agree an early release from his contract which runs to july, so he can be registered for Europe.

Never done much when he started, seemed to score when we were already winning.

They say you should never return to your former club; Brian McClair, James McFadden and now John Sutton have inforced that belief.

Goodluck to the lad, but never really done much when we needed him.

Shame Lee Erwin could not be persuaded to stay for another season.

Never done much when he started, seemed to score when we were already winning.

They say you should never return to your former club; Brian McClair, James McFadden and now John Sutton have inforced that belief.

:shocked:

Aye, his 22 league goals last season was a pretty poor return too.

I agree on mclair, but mcfaddens first half season back was brilliant! The 2nd half of the 2012/13 season was probably the best I've ever seen motherwell and Faddy was a big part of that. His injury interrupted 2013/14 was disappointing, and was in part down to his attitude (no pre-season and he think he said on record he was close to chucking it).

Edited by sbcmfc

I got slated for starting a thread about a player who is actually decent.

Now we get threads about shite players like John Sutton? Where's your complaints now, Ormond? eh? ;)

I got slated for starting a thread about a player who is actually decent.

Now we get threads about shite players like John Sutton? Where's your complaints now, Ormond? eh? ;)

You hardly got slated. The big difference here is that this thread was started by someone to cry Sutton lazy. Not by someone who's eyes water at the hardness his cock goes at the mere sniff of something Aberdeen. :wink2:

You hardly got slated. The big difference here is that this thread was started by someone to cry Sutton lazy. Not by someone who's eyes water at the hardness his cock goes at the mere sniff of something Aberdeen. :wink2:

:lol: