Naisy - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Naisy

Squirrelhumper

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never felt he was blessed with huge ability but he has always been a favourite of mine. Always struck me as someone that had/has to work and work at his game which he clearly does.

I love that sort of honesty in a footballer. I hope he has the game of his life on Saturday!!!

I can remember him playing against my brother for Stewarton Amnick and whilst he had undoubted ability, he's always been a grafter.

Was great seeing him come through the ranks at Killie. Was always destined for bigger things.

Definitely. Said way back when he was with us that he would become a Scotland regular.

That goal against Hibs and the semi final hat trick in particular will always stay with me!

I played for the Annick at every age group in the 70's and early 80's. Brilliant that Naisy helps the club out. Unfortunately at my age group we were pish :wave: . Assuming the photo in the article was taken on the walk around Stewarton, can anyone place that wall ? I'm thinking up by the tennis courts - the old school wall ?

Aaid or any other Stewarton boys ?

Or maybe it was taken down by the Yacht Marina, next to the polo fields and the Versace shop.

I played for the Annick at every age group in the 70's and early 80's. Brilliant that Naisy helps the club out. Unfortunately at my age group we were pish :wave: . Assuming the photo in the article was taken on the walk around Stewarton, can anyone place that wall ? I'm thinking up by the tennis courts - the old school wall ?

Or maybe it was taken down by the Yacht Marina, next to the polo fields and the Versace shop.

I'm also an Annick old boy and from the 70s and we were pish as well.

I was trying to figure out where the photo was taken and you could be right about the Tennis courts, I can't think of anywhere that has a brick wall that age. Not an obvious place for a photo shoot though.

I grew up in that cul-de-sac and my mother still lives there. The Naismiths moved in across the road just before I left when Steven was about 6 months old. My mother thinks the absolute world of Steven Naismith and that's nothing to do with his ability as she wouldn't know a football if one hit her on a head but it's everything to do with his character.

Interestingly I was speaking to her yesterday and she was telling me about another young guy whose in Kilmarnock's youth team and I was saying to her that if he needs a role model there's one who grew up across the road. She seems to think that as Steven Naismith was her paper boy and this kid is her paper boy now, that's the route to the top secured.

KFTF, I think you'll know the family at least, his grandfather was well known locally for his van.

I'm also an Annick old boy and from the 70s and we were pish as well.

I was trying to figure out where the photo was taken and you could be right about the Tennis courts, I can't think of anywhere that has a brick wall that age. Not an obvious place for a photo shoot though.

I grew up in that cul-de-sac and my mother still lives there. The Naismiths moved in across the road just before I left when Steven was about 6 months old. My mother thinks the absolute world of Steven Naismith and that's nothing to do with his ability as she wouldn't know a football if one hit her on a head but it's everything to do with his character.

Interestingly I was speaking to her yesterday and she was telling me about another young guy whose in Kilmarnock's youth team and I was saying to her that if he needs a role model there's one who grew up across the road. She seems to think that as Steven Naismith was her paper boy and this kid is her paper boy now, that's the route to the top secured.

KFTF, I think you'll know the family at least, his grandfather was well known locally for his van.

Im sure my mates uncle has a house across from Naisys, is it down in a wee cul de sac and up to the right before you would enter there is a track that goes up to a farm? been a while since I was down that way.

Im sure my mates uncle has a house across from Naisys, is it down in a wee cul de sac and up to the right before you would enter there is a track that goes up to a farm? been a while since I was down that way.

Doesn't sound like the same place, no track up to a farm. It's in Rigghead. What's your mates uncles surname?

You might be thinking about where his house is now, not his father's. That's a very nice new private estate, definitely not a council scheme. As you go in to a development there's a road on the right up to a farm on a hill.

Edited by aaid

Doesn't sound like the same place, no track up to a farm. It's in Rigghead. What's your mates uncles surname?

Haha i've maybe got it completley wrong its been a fair few years. Not sure which side of his family it is but could be Pollock.

His dad posted the article on Facebook last week and when I saw it I thought it was taken at the top end of the cemetery on Dalry Rd.

Edit to say, I played for the Annick in the mid eighties and we were pish.

Edited by Jagtag

His dad posted the article on Facebook last week and when I saw it I thought it was taken at the top end of the cemetery on Dalry Rd.

Edit to say, I played for the Annick in the mid eighties and we were pish.

We must have picked up the article from the same source then.

I think you're spot on with the cemetery and I know exactly where the photo will have been taken. It's out the back of his father's house. There is a small car park that backs on to the cemetery. We used to play football in there as kids and I've lost count of the number of times that I've had to climb over that wall to get balls back, pretty bad if there was a funeral on.

Edited by aaid

Pity his work ethic hadn't rubbed off of Boyd when they were at Killie maybe we would have had a great goal scorer as well as a great forward.

Def hats off to naisy he seems to have his head screwed on right with his work ethic and his work outside of football

When I played for Stewarton Annick, there was another team in the league from Ayr called Good Shepherd.

They had their 15 minutes of fame in the 1970s when they were on the back page of the Daily Record as the "worst team in the world". They were being roundly hammered week in week out by double figures. The league rule was that if a team didn't turn up in time for kick off, the team that was there would kick off, run up the park, score into an empty net and the game would then be abandoned with a 1-0 win for the team that turned up.

This happened to the Good Shepherd and you can write the script. They kicked off, ran up the park and one of their players decided to go for glory, shot from the edge of the box only for it to go wide. They were so bad the couldn't score against an non-existant team.

About a month later we played them away. With 10 minutes to go we were 1-0 down and eventually pulled it back to make it 2-1. The manager wasn't happy to say the least.

We always had Barrhead and Claremont from EK in our league and it was always a two-horse race. Barrhead were giants and Claremont had 'S' forms - boys scoring from corners and stuff. The did us 22-0 once.

My best memory was getting a go up front against Garnock on the blaize at Strandhead after moaning about being full back all the time. Scored 2 and set up 4. My Dad was watching. Sammy Manners took us all to Joe's for chips and red cola ice cream drinks. Best day of my young life.

We always had Barrhead and Claremont from EK in our league and it was always a two-horse race. Barrhead were giants and Claremont had 'S' forms - boys scoring from corners and stuff. The did us 22-0 once.

My best memory was getting a go up front against Garnock on the blaize at Strandhead after moaning about being full back all the time. Scored 2 and set up 4. My Dad was watching. Sammy Manners took us all to Joe's for chips and red cola ice cream drinks. Best day of my young life.

Sammy Manners, great guy, passed on last year.

Oh dear oh dear. Naismith photo is outside the "theatre of dreams" Somerset Park. He was desperate to land a deal there but unfortunately couldnt play in the sunshine incase he got sunburn.

For a team that has won absolutely nothing of note in their history, you must have some utter sh1te dreams!

Christ, half the boys that go on our bus have never seen us play you in the league you';ve been that sh1te for so long!