Ac Milan Youngster - Marcello Jones - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ac Milan Youngster - Marcello Jones

zahana-oni

‘I have a grandfather who is Welsh,’ he explained. ‘Personally I feel English, even though there is an Italian side to the family too.’

Best of luck to the boy but not for Scotland, thanks.

Or is it the feckin mail not wanting to admit he can play for Scotland and taking his comments out of context just to suit them. Ffs his mum is from uddingston

It's not as clear cut as that. Here's some of what he said in the other article:

Jones said: “My grandpa was from Glasgow and my mum, Marie Louise, grew up in Uddingston before moving to Cornwall before I was born.
“We drove to Scotland to see our family at every opportunity and that usually meant trips to Parkhead to see Celtic players train at Barrowfield and get pictures and autographs.
"My uncle, Martin MacDonald, also used to take me to the astro at the Firhill Complex and we’d have a little kickabout, or I’d pester some of the bigger boys for a game with them.
“I have great memories of my childhood in Scotland and I was also taken to quite a few Celtic matches by my family.

It sounds like he's eligible for Scotland, England, Wales, and Italy.

As a 16 year old he's old enough now to make a decision.

It's not as clear cut as that. Here's some of what he said in the other article:

It sounds like he's eligible for Scotland, England, Wales, and Italy.

As a 16 year old he's old enough now to make a decision.

It is as clear cut as that.

He said "Personally I feel English..."

That's clear cut.