Gori And Mtskheta Day Trip From Tbilisi - Page 4 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gori And Mtskheta Day Trip From Tbilisi

wanderer

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DATE: Thursday 3rd of September

Location and Time:

Set off at 10am

Meet at Freedom Square outside city hall (old one, not the new building in the north of the city)..... the Courtyard Marriott Hotel where the SSC are doing their pick up point is on the same square.

Tour Details

Set off from Freedom Square at (EXACTLY!!!!!!) 10am in 2 buses supplied by the agent to take us into Northern Georgia to visit Gori (Birth place of Joseph Stalin), Uplistsikhe caves, which will be followed by lunch in Salobie (near Mtskheta), and then onward to Jvari Monastery (UNESCO World Heritage site) and finally Svetitskhoveli cathedral in Mtskheta (UNESCO World Heritage Site) before heading back to Tbilisi.

Back into Tbilisi for 6-7pm with a drop off at Freedom Square.

Tour package includes:
- English speaking guiding service;
- Bus with driver;
- petrol costs;
- museum entrance tickets;
- lunch in restaurant 'Salobis'

Tour package doesn't include:
- Travel insurance;
- alcoholic drinks during the lunch
- tips for the driver and guide.

For any of those who'll be picking up their tickets, maybe worth bringing your SSC card with you, as you should be back in time to make the end of the pickup slot, finishing at 19.00 :ok:

Edited by DeeRus

Just a wee bump so everyone is sure of details of the day.

Will not be posting my mobile number of TAMB, but if anyone wants mine just drop me a PM.

I am away to Kyiv this Friday, but will check my email and TAMB whenever I get a chance (in other words when in the hotel or a bar/cafe with wi-fi) and try answer any questions folks might have.

Regarding payments, the guide was fully paid few weeks back, and there was a tidy little surplus sum left over which is going to be donated to TASA once I am back from Tbilisi :ok:

Reminder of the details,

DATE: Thursday 3rd of September

Location and Time:

Set off at 10am - please be there between 9:30 and 9:45am to be given your assigned bus numbers for the day

Meet at Freedom Square outside city hall (old one, not the new building in the north of the city)..... the Courtyard Marriott Hotel where the SSC are doing their pick up point is on the same square.

Tour Details

Set off from Freedom Square at (EXACTLY!!!!!!) 10am in 2 buses supplied by the agent to take us into Northern Georgia to visit Gori (Birth place of Joseph Stalin), Uplistsikhe caves, which will be followed by lunch in Salobie (near Mtskheta), and then onward to Jvari Monastery (UNESCO World Heritage site) and finally Svetitskhoveli cathedral in Mtskheta (UNESCO World Heritage Site) before heading back to Tbilisi.

Back into Tbilisi for 6-7pm with a drop off at Freedom Square..... those who have to collect their tickets might make the ssc ticket pick up at the Marriott, so bring your SSC cards with you if we are back into Tbilisi in time.

Tour package includes:
- English speaking guiding service;
- Bus with driver;
- petrol costs;
- museum entrance tickets;
- lunch in restaurant 'Salobis'

Tour package doesn't include:
- Travel insurance;
- alcoholic drinks during the lunch
- tips for the driver and guide.