Grand National Thread - Page 4 - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Grand National Thread

washboarder

Betting on horse racing is promoting animal cruelty.

Watching a horse run itself to the ground and getting whipped to fcuk is not sport.

Shame on all who put a bet on :ok:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha brilliant comeback!

I was down at Lambourn open day last week, those horses are treated like the superstars they are.

Glad to hear Balthazar King is okay, was genuinely concerned for a while there, love that horse.

shouldn't really laugh but that's the best come back iv ever witnessed on here

Aye thats funny connecting the deaths of 39 people to whipping a horse.

FTR and have posted before i was at Heysel and know what happened running battles and a wall collapsed getting funny yet, a few on here will also be the ones who believed the establishment and media about what happened at Hillsborough, then 3 years ago you all had to eat your own shite.

Still funny you sad khunt :ok:

Aye thats funny connecting the deaths of 39 people to whipping a horse.

FTR and have posted before i was at Heysel and know what happened running battles and a wall collapsed getting funny yet, a few on here will also be the ones who believed the establishment and media about what happened at Hillsborough, then 3 years ago you all had to eat your own shite.

Still funny you sad khunt :ok:

you tried to troll, the boy made a chunt of you, then you make a chunt of yourself. Gonna ask me for a fight? You've got previous Edited by dan cake

you tried to troll, the boy made a chunt of you, then you make a chunt of yourself. Gonna ask me for a fight? You're got previous

I made a staement about whipping horses and how it is cruel, i get a reply connecting my statement to Heysel, was there any need for that and qyuite rightly i think its sad connecting the two, only a khunt would connect them so hey sad khunt springs to mine.

No need to fight anyone as quite used to some on here and i would never pick on a sad boy.

However i go to most Scotland games i am sure my accent may stand out in a crowd of TA,so easy to spot and always open to a debate away from the keyboard. :ok:

I made a staement about whipping horses and how it is cruel, i get a reply connecting my statement to Heysel, was there any need for that and qyuite rightly i think its sad connecting the two, only a khunt would connect them so hey sad khunt springs to mine.

No need to fight anyone as quite used to some on here and i would never pick on a sad boy.

However i go to most Scotland games i am sure my accent may stand out in a crowd of TA,so easy to spot and always open to a debate away from the keyboard. :ok:

wind your neck in, you fecking bore

I've stamped on spiders so can't really take the moral high-ground, i'd never ride one round a course whipping it though so bookies could make money at the expense of everyone else like a Tories wet dream.

Scouse Eddie I will only address your original point and give you some facts to chew over as you sound like an animal rights activist.

First, as someone else has pointed out those race horses are treated like royalty - they are loved, cherished and treated like superstars by their owners, trainers, stable lads and everyone connected with them. Evidence of that was winning trainer Oliver Sherwood yesterday who was concerned more for the well-being of his horse rather than doing a post-race winner's interview. Second, these horses and the thousands of other race horses involved in the sport - if horse racing was banned are you honestly trying to tell me they'd have as good a life as they have now? Of course bloody not so think on. No horse racing, no real ownership, no trainers, no trainers stables, no stable lads and lasses and so I'd grant you we'd be seeing these horses rotting in a dishevelled field unkept and on an advert appealing for aid for animals. And so on to those self-righteous do-gooder the animal rights activists - they got their way meddling with the fences at Aintree but they have made the race statistically more dangerous by their meddling so they are actually worse than those in the sport themselves.

Anyone who says the horses ware "treated like royalty" is clearly spinning. Funny how they are so loved, cherished and treated like superstars, but if you remove racing their owners would let them fall into neglect... i thought they were loved and cherished?

Why would the folk who "loved and cherished" them suddenly allow "we'd be seeing these horses rotting in a dishevelled field unkept and on an advert appealing for aid for animals"

I'm no expert in this game, but are the horses not treated like royalty because they make the owners money?

of course the loved bit is total bullshit, as proven by the 2nd half of the case that if they couldn't race they'd be treated like lepers in a field.

but as i say i actually kill one animal mostly on sight and that's a spider so i can hardly take the moral high ground on the subject.

Anyone who says the horses ware "treated like royalty" is clearly spinning. Funny how they are so loved, cherished and treated like superstars, but if you remove racing their owners would let them fall into neglect... i thought they were loved and cherished?

Why would the folk who "loved and cherished" them suddenly allow "we'd be seeing these horses rotting in a dishevelled field unkept and on an advert appealing for aid for animals"

I am talking in the long term here or say if racing was not to exist at all. If you cut horse racing out of the equation would animal rights take up the slack and look after the horses (all of them) themselves - of course not. Of course owners may very well still keep their horses but to look after horses income is needed you know and the income is suddenly cut off. Sure some of the owners are millionaires (much more so on the flat) but national hunt is different where a lot of the horses are owned by consortiums or businessmen but not millionaires. Therefore, these horses would be in peril as money is needed to pay for their upkeep just as is the way with everything in life - even humans. So horses may not be able to be kept but that is not down to lack of love on the owners behalf.

And also lets not forget the veterinary care race horses get. Whereas horses with much less injuries in everyday life would get put down these horses get treatment they otherwise wouldn't receive. If you like it is like an equine private health service whereas horses outwith horse racing have to do with the NHS.

As i say i stamp on spiders so i'm not judging anyone on animal cruelty considering i puff out life with nary a qualm, i just find the treated like royalty and all that jazz to be a slight exaggeration.

Well they are treated like royalty in the sense they dont get to pick what they do with their life.

Also my treated like royalty comment was in the context of them being said to be loved and cherished but then the next sentence saying basically if they didn't produce money they'd be out in a field neglected. As they would have no point, when does love need a point.

Well they are treated like royalty in the sense they dont get to pick what they do with their life.

Also my treated like royalty comment was in the context of them being said to be loved and cherished but then the next sentence saying basically if they didn't produce money they'd be out in a field neglected. As they would have no point, when does love need a point.

Does anyone on this planet truly get picked what to do with their life? I'd say not. I laugh at suggestions though that horses are dense in some way or docile. They are smart animals and if they didn't like/enjoy what they do would loose horses carry on running around the course and jumping the fences without a jockey on their back? Of course not. Of course the comeback to that would be they are trained to do that but I have seen many horses refuse to race so that argument does not hold up does it?

You are not grasping finances are you? The horses are owned and owners pay for their upkeep a lot of the time from winning prize money in horse racing. Stop that then owners may very well find their upkeep impossible. Of course it happens in all warps of life and with humans as well as animals. How many families have had abortions on the grounds they cannot afford an upcoming baby? That is the same for horses but would not be about a lack of love for them but more a financial decision which sometimes have to be made.

No i understand the finances perfectly, they just don't influence my decision when it's something i love, we just think differently that's all. I've never bothered to add up how much money i've lost by home caring for my gran as opposed to putting her in a home. I'm using human example as you did with comparing horses to aborted fetuses.

I don't know how many families? How many is it?