Happy Resurrection Sunday, Everyone! - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Happy Resurrection Sunday, Everyone!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus instructs us to love each other as I have loved you.

It's what the world needs.

Love sweet love.

So we should damn everyone ever born to show our love? Plus isolate large swathes of population so even after 2000 years they haven't heard of Christ and die damned and have been dying damned for 2000 years. That sort of love?

Edited by phart

The stop the childness on this thread sort of love.

Scotty it's a bit galling to be called childish/ness by someone who believes there is an entity in the sky who is watching us all and loves us very much. Yet at the same time damns children everyday even though they don't even know he exists.

why is being a princess considered a perjorative to you? Is it cause female = bad?

OH FFS. That is tenuous at best. Has this place turned into a school playground?

but there are some on here who like to target others for removal. Scotty is mostly big enough to see them off but others are not. I don't like it. And they hunt in packs like the cowards they are. Gives me the boak.

So.....if we see something that somebody sticks up here for others to read and think its a load of crap we are meant to ignore it?

Would be a very boring message board.

:ok:

:lol: Away and play your game with someone else wee man.

The two of you do make it difficult when you play like some weird wall of mirrors at times.

And that's all you wanted, wasn't it? To wind up enough people to prove your point.

Well done, you win the cleverest TAMBer award :lol:

No i assure it was cause you called me wee, right offended i was.

EDIT: It was the exact same 3 folk as last time as well. My pavlovian hounds :ok:

Edited by phart

Scotty it's a bit galling to be called childish/ness by someone who believes there is an entity in the sky who is watching us all and loves us very much. Yet at the same time damns children everyday even though they don't even know he exists.

The fighting was childish.

(All children go to heaven btw.)

You started it, posting a vid of Christian Rock,like that's relevant to anything.

A song about Jesus rising from the grave on Resurrection Sunday?

The song would be relevant to the day/occasion.

The fighting was childish.

(All children go to heaven btw.)

A song about Jesus rising from the grave on Resurrection Sunday?

The song would be relevant to the day/occasion.

Scotty i agree with most of your posts and beliefs, however when you quote all children go to heaven, at what age are we no longer children, just asking as a couple of days ago, watched the repeat on them 2 little scumbags Venables and Thompson who murdered Jamie Bulger and they were aged 9 i think.

:hammer:

Nonsense.

Yes, it was. In fact a lot of Christianity is ‘non-sense’, in that it doesn’t make sense according to the world’s accepted way of looking at things.

The first shall be last; the greatest among you must be the servant of all; blessed are the poor in spirit; water can be turned into wine :cheers3:, and so on. And the bottom line is ‘Go and show love to your neighbours’, even when you don’t like them. It’s a recipe for world peace, and that disturbs a lot of people. They’re happier living by the old rules of power and violence, where the strong get to make the rules and keep the rest down. :hammer:

It was non-sense because the disciples didn’t do what sensible intelligent people would have done. The disciples were scattered and beaten, and their first impulse was to think it had all been a terrible mistake. They’d seen their friend and leader executed and it looked like the end – which is what the political and religious leaders of the day wanted. Take out the leader and the followers will disperse. The threat to the establishment is eliminated.

Except after a few days everything turned around. From being scattered and despondent, they found that something was more powerful than death, and they were prepared to tell others, even though this put their own lives in danger. That’s a real certainty that you can’t just dismiss because it doesn’t make sense to your rational mind. They’d everything to lose and nothing to gain by telling people, and in the event many of the disciples did pay with their lives; yet they persisted in telling the truth because they knew it was the truth. Nobody would put their own life on the line if they thought the message was a lie.

Over the years many people have twisted the message to suit their own ends, and some of that is pretty hard to forgive. I don’t know if your response to the message stems from a rational debating conclusion that it just can’t be true, or because you’ve encountered some less-than-wonderful people who call themselves Christians, or for some other reason.

But if you go back to the origins you reconnect with the essential truth that Jesus taught: Love others as you love yourselves, and the world just gets better; in fact, it gets saved from its terrible propensity to hurt and even destroy itself.

So, yes: it’s a kind of nonsense, and such nonsense that the world changed.

Here endeth the lesson.

Scotty i agree with most of your posts and beliefs, however when you quote all children go to heaven, at what age are we no longer children, just asking as a couple of days ago, watched the repeat on them 2 little scumbags Venables and Thompson who murdered Jamie Bulger and they were aged 9 i think.

It would be different for everyone.

It's usually when we can fully understand right from wrong.

We would be responsible for our sins from 'the age of accountability'.

An atheist looks at the Easter story - and things change for him:

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2011/04/16/how-easter-killed-my-faith-in-atheism/

He doesn't reference the sources of his "historical data".

If Jesus was seen after the Crucifixion it doesn't necessarily mean he 'rose from the dead'; it wasn't unknown for people to survive crucifixion and later emerge from a state of unconsciousness.

Edited by Charlie Endell

"But when they came to Jesus and saw that He was already dead, they did not break His legs." John 19:33

"But one of the soldiers pierced His side with a spear, and at once there came out blood and water." John 19:34

(The soldiers made sure that Jesus was dead before they took Him off the cross.)