Wot? No Aberdeen Thread? - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Wot? No Aberdeen Thread?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would consider swapping Hayes back to beside Jack, McLean into MIddle and putting McGinn wide. Pawlett very lucky to be in my starting 11 and would only consider him out wide - through the middle simply not an option at the moment, hasn't worked for last 4 months.

We've been poor ever since McLean arrived and we changed everything to accommodate him.

We had a style and a system that every player knew and understood. Now we've shunted one of our best players out of position or onto the bench. This has, in turn, altered the whole way we play. We no longer break quickly and stretch our opponents defence.

I'm sure McLean has good ability but he doesn't fit in to the Aberdeen team.

We'll keep playing him though and folk can blame Pawlett and McGinn for us falling away from Celtic.

Agree that McLean is very lucky to be getting a game. McGinn remains one of our best players, can't think why anyone would criticise him. Pawlett hasn't been himself, for whatever reason (injury etc), but he's been a passenger all to often recently.

I hope I'm wrong, but Daniels could be in the line up somewhere (esp. if Jack is injured). I think the loan deal means we pay more for him when he's not playing.

It's a long time since I've seen a game by-pass a top level player player as much as it did McLean on Saturday.

I'm sure the ability's there, but he was simply a waste of a shirt against Thistle.

How's Goodwillie getting on ?

He's had an average season. I reckon if Shankland had played as much as Goodie, we'd be in a better position. That's nothing but conjecture though.

Great shame in the decline of him.

I genuinely thought he would have progressed to a decent level and made quite a name for himself.

He appears to have lost the first half yard of pace/sharpness he used to have. It is a shame. After looking like he could have an excellent career, he's little more than an average SPLF Premiership forward.

If ICT keep up the pressure, another collapse wouldn't at all surprise me.

What pressure? ICTs last 6 results have been DLWLDD

Ours have been DDWLWW.

Apart from to Celtic, I don't think we've lost a league game since about October?

Ours have been DDWLWW.

Apart from to Celtic, I don't think we've lost a league game since about October?

We've lost 6 games out of 30, and Inversneckie have been pish for weeks now. Even if they beat us tonight I'd still say we were hot favourites to finish 2nd.

That won't stop KF posting his Dons hating dovers though.

The snoozefest at the Pitt o'dreams is going as expected.

The Dons dominating possession but it's as slow as a week in jail, and generally breaks down with a pass that takes 16 touches to control and rebounds into touch of an Aberdeen player's chin.

Looks like we're going to limp towards the finishing line like Paula Radcliffe needing a shite.

Edited by Rossy

Ours have been DDWLWW.

You're being a bit generous to ICT. That win was in the cup against lower league opposition, and you got the rest a wee bit wrong.

Without that it is (including as it stands tonight) DDLLDL

Seven games without a win is terrible form and no way we should still be 3rd. Only Dundee Utd's worse form has kept us and actually extended our lead there. We are stumbling our way to Europe. Early season form should see us whimper across the line.

Doesn't bode well for the semi final.

As I understand it, both 2nd and 3rd place enter in the 1st round of the Europa League this year (in around a fortnight).

So the only difference for the league placing is financial.

As I understand it, both 2nd and 3rd place enter in the 1st round of the Europa League this year (in around a fortnight).

So the only difference for the league placing is financial.

I was going to start a new topic on this but will ask here.

The cup winners go in at the 2nd qualifying round.

On the Wiki page for the Europa league next year it says:

Format changes:

Should the domestic cup winners qualify for the Champions League, the cup runners-up will no longer be granted a spot in the Europa League, and the spot will be given to the highest-placed team in the league which have not yet qualified for European competitions.

So should Celtic win the cup Aberdeen would go in at the 2nd qualifying round yeah? This is the first I've heard of this rule change which the SPL wanted previously but were turned down for.

So a Celtic cup win puts Aberdeen in a later round and 4th place in Europe going by this. That gives ICT another 'out' if we lose the semi final. We could win the cup putting 4th place in as well.

Slightly confused tonight with a few things...