Cancelling Tv Licence - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cancelling Tv Licence

It's part of my concerted effort to bring the Government down, I also put postage stamps on upside down and have been known to pee on the front wheel of a Hackney Cab in the City of London. Just give it time...

And yes, because I want to save money so i can wave ten pound notes in front of TartanJon when I get him down at the lappys' :wub:

TT

You could glue your shaved baws to the front door of the BBC down at the Quay or get dressed as Captain America and scale the Finnieston crane if you're looking for a more localised protest :ok:

Don't need a licence to listen to BBC radio. I went without a TV for 12 years, had to deal with some hassle from TV Licensing as a result, but radio was never a problem.

Incidentally, to ensure a quality thread: in standard British English the noun is licence while the verb is license.

They'll get it, with some practice. They just need to practise a little more.

Ditched the licence in September. Had at least one threatening letter a month since then and one visit from some tube who I politely told to leave and he did. No contact with TVL = no problem. Bin the letters, tell them to leave if they come to your door. Never confirm your name to them, sign anything,or hand any letters you've received back to them.

I phoned the DWP to enquire about income support. The English guy on the other end of the phone first asked me if i see Alex Salmond, then said , ah "if you lot had went independent you'd not be able to phone us for money".

I phoned the DWP to enquire about income support. The English guy on the other end of the phone first asked me if i see Alex Salmond, then said , ah "if you lot had went independent you'd not be able to phone us for money".

To be fair, if you're seeing Alex Salmond, his salary would probably take you over the limit for income support!

:D

TT

Edited by TartanTeddy

Ditched the licence in September. Had at least one threatening letter a month since then and one visit from some tube who I politely told to leave and he did. No contact with TVL = no problem. Bin the letters, tell them to leave if they come to your door. Never confirm your name to them, sign anything,or hand any letters you've received back to them.

Came home last night to note through door to say TV people had visited as I don't have a licence and they'll be back. Can't wait to get my sheite signal, big trees and wind turbine (that I actually like but the one on braes plays havoc with all signals.) rant off my chest.

Came home last night to note through door to say TV people had visited as I don't have a licence and they'll be back. Can't wait to get my sheite signal, big trees and wind turbine (that I actually like but the one on braes plays havoc with all signals.) rant off my chest.

They sound like poor Schwartzenegers.

Don't miss them on their biased bastardness.

• 11 months later...
On Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 0:21 PM, peever1745 said:

A wee bit of advice.If you are not going to pay the TV licence you will recieve umpteen letters from the licence people.Do not for any reason respond to these letters.

Depends if you just stop paying or if you tell them up front you no longer require a licence. There is a form on their website. Took me 2 mins and 2 weeks later got paper confirmation through. Has saved me about £60 a month through cancelling the tv licence and sky. We have a firestick with netflix for 5.99. You can use the iplayer via the firestick (just not live obv ;)). My Mum gets our netflix on her hudl and we get her skygo app on the ipad (I pay an extra fiver for sports for her package) I get bt sport with my broadband.

Never heard another cheep from the tv licence people and the state broadcaster can go and phuc themselves.

• 5 weeks later...

I got rid of my extortionate Sky package and the TV Licence a couple of years ago now. They will send regular letters threatening to take you to court. Bin them. If any of the lovely "enforcers" pay you a visit you are under no obligation to speak to them,let them in your property, or to sign anything. Just close the door.

As it happens I only use catch up services so I'm on the right side of the law. Although my opinion is that what a person does in the privacy of their own home is nothing to do with the BBC or TVL, and that includes watching live telly.

On 02/04/2015 at 11:01 AM, G-Man said:

They came to my door last summer and were told politely I was not paying and told them why.The was not pushy and left.I have had threatening letters monthly but ignore them. Never be abusive to them just tell them politely to go away.