Expired Driving License - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Expired Driving License

Can you not just use the paper part on its own? I have a photocard but I didn't think you had to have one at all. So, could you not just produce the paper part and claim to have never had the expired photocard in the first place?

In fact, is it not the case case hire companies prefer to see the paper version so they don't need to put a call in to DVLA to check for endorsements?

Maybe I'm missing the point and you are in Oz and don't have your paper licence there.

Edited by littleboyblue

Costs you to renew as well, that wasnt made clear at the time they were introduced.

Aye another racket. It's cheaper if you do it online however plus they will use your latest passport photo so you don't need to shell out another fiver to get a picture done...

I done mine online last week, it's £20 and it arrived in 5 days, it took less than 5 minutes to sort out. The paper part will no longer be valud after April this year anyway.

As for the carhire, book it now whilst your licence is valid and the car hire firm will honour the transaction, if you already have insurance it only covers you third party on the hire car so take the extra out with them.

Link..

https://www.gov.uk/renew-driving-licence

Edited by andreimack

I done mine online last week, it's £20 and it arrived in 5 days, it took less than 5 minutes to sort out. The paper part will no longer be valud after April this year anyway.

As for the carhire, book it now whilst your licence is valid and the car hire firm will honour the transaction, if you already have insurance it only covers you third party on the hire car so take the extra out with them.

Link..

https://www.gov.uk/renew-driving-licence

The paper counterpart will no longer have any legal status after 8 June 2015. You should destroy your counterpart after this date.

Maybe a silly Q but my UK license expires 21st of this month, is it just the photo card part that expires? I was planning on hiring a car on the 24th. Chance they might not notice the date but not sure

Go to Post office and pay the extra fiver or so Phot on spot and licence through door within 2 days.