Stuart Mccall Resigns As Scotland Assistant - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Stuart Mccall Resigns As Scotland Assistant

Robroysboy

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is not just the case that he's stepped down for the next 2 matches? He's only on a temporary contract at Rangers so I fully expect to be back with Scotland at the end the domestic season. And the comment about being under pressure from Rangers supporters is ridiculous.

That was my understanding of the situation also.

On a side note, what a midfeild that leeds side had. Strachan ( captain), Gary Speed, Gary McAllister and Eric Cantona.

Eric had strachan in his all time eleven best players he has ever played with. Quite an honour considering he went on to play for their biggest and more successfull rivals.

Wonderful Leeds side, the new youngsters coming through at Leeds now could be the cram of the crop now, Mowatt in partciular who has been watched by Scotland is a real talent

McCall can jugle the Motherwell job with Scotland but not the Rangers job. Makes you wonder how serious he was about his role with both clubs.

Think he'll be under pressure from Rangers supporters not to return to the national team because of their seethe towards the SFA.

Not too fussed what comes of it either way. As long as GS is still in charge.

This

Can you explain why? Not sure what McCoist has done to be disliked so much. Supporting Rangers isn't morally reprehensible and trying to go in an support their return (albeit failing) doesn't warrant the dislike he's generated from Rangers fans and haters.

Supporting Motherwell like I do is probably morally reprehensible. ;) But if some said to me, Motherwell need a Manager, no one else will do it. I'd feel like there's only one answer. Just my point of view.

For me it was back when Rangers got dissolved. He was out in the press ranting about how he wanted the 3 people on the panel named because he didn't know who they were. Since Rangers were in the meetings with them, McCoist did know (something he later admitted).

So it seems safe to assume that he wanted them publicly named so that they could be publicly 'pressured' by Rangers fans.

They were, in the form of threats and abuse. Who could have seen that coming? :|

That for me was the moment I lost respect for him. It seems to me like he was acting out some petty need for vengeance by making the people on that panel fear for their safety and the safety of their families. That's not acceptable behaviour. I wouldn't give him the time of day at this point.

On a side note, what a midfeild that leeds side had. Strachan ( captain), Gary Speed, Gary McAllister and Eric Cantona.

Eric had strachan in his all time eleven best players he has ever played with. Quite an honour considering he went on to play for their biggest and more successfull rivals.

I went to watch them at Loftus Rd back in the early 90s and Strachan got sent off. The only red card in his career I believe. Great side.

If the job does come up McAllister would be my first choice.

Very few men have done as more for Scottish Football the last 3 years than Ally McCoist.

Time to bring him home.

McCoist is a scotland legend in my eyes and I would welcome him into the backroom staff if WGS invited him.

Coisty coached the strikers during the Smith era and lifted a flat dressing room post Vogts.

Just noticed within a week of McCall resigning that another Manager from the same league has decided that there is sufficient time to be a national team assistant as well and has taken up the job at Northern Ireland (Jimmy Nicholl).

Rangers and Cowdenbeath are comparable clubs so no idea why one can do both jobs and the other can't