Preston - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I don't know about the hip 'n' happening places but the Black Horse is one of my favourite boozers. Also the Bluebell up towards the prison (if it's still there, a few years since I've been in*). The Continental is a bit out the road (below the main railway bridge that runs south out of the station) but had a good selection of real ales (if you like 'em...) last time I was in.

Edit: *the Bluebell that is, not the prison.

Edited by Charlie Endell

I don't know about the hip 'n' happening places but the Black Horse is one of my favourite boozers. Also the Bluebell up towards the prison (if it's still there, a few years since I've been in*). The Continental is a bit out the road (below the main railway bridge that runs south out of the station) but had a good selection of real ales (if you like 'em...) last time I was in.

Edit: *the Bluebell that is, not the prison.

What's the one with the IRA juke-box near the station - glasgowmancity would love that shop.

What's the one with the IRA juke-box near the station - glasgowmancity would love that shop.

The Railway is now The Station and it's totally different. Where the stage used to be is now seating and they no longer hold 'Irish folk music' sessions on a Sunday night.

Oh, and the Guinness isn't a patch on what it used to be.

Tokyo Joes is the place for you...

I remember going there 20 odd years ago. Is it still open? We went for a long weekend, canny remember much about Preston, but I am sure we played on a plastic pitch at Deepdale and the pub we went to gave us a lock in until about 5 in the morning.