What's The Chances Of Still Getting Cheap Flights? - Page 4 - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What's The Chances Of Still Getting Cheap Flights?

Stuzo

Would 1 hour 35 minutes be enough time to catch a connection in Gatwick assuming there's no delays?? Both flights with Easy Jet so they are duty bound to get me back up the road anyway. I will only have hand luggage

Edited by DoonTheSlope

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would 1 hour 35 minutes be enough time to catch a connection in Gatwick assuming there's no delays?? Both flights with Easy Jet so they are duty bound to get me back up the road anyway. I will only have hand luggage

They are not duty bound - they are a point to point carrier.

You'll have 2 flights, not a flight from A to B with a connection between

You might want to try the 'Gatwick Connect' service. I've only recently heard of it, so no idea if it's any good or not, but its for self-connecting passengers like yourself.

Read about it here: http://www.gatwickairport.com/at-the-airport/Flight-Connections/

It might be shite though.

I'll just have to endure a 7 hour wait in Dublin, 90 minutes in Gatwick is pushing my luck it sounds so I've went for:

Friday 9th October

14:20 Glasgow >>>> Bristol 15:30 (Easy Jet)

18:45 Bristol >>>> Faro 21:20 (Easy Jet)

Tuesday 13th October

09:40 Faro >>>> Dublin 12:35 (Ryanair)

19:35 Dublin >>>> Edinburgh 20:35 (Ryanair)

Coming in at £251

I'll just have to endure a 7 hour wait in Dublin, 90 minutes in Gatwick is pushing my luck it sounds so I've went for:

Friday 9th October

14:20 Glasgow >>>> Bristol 15:30 (Easy Jet)

18:45 Bristol >>>> Faro 21:20 (Easy Jet)

Tuesday 13th October

09:40 Faro >>>> Dublin 12:35 (Ryanair)

19:35 Dublin >>>> Edinburgh 20:35 (Ryanair)

Coming in at £251

only just decided to go today. above is most likely option.

accom prices?

only just decided to go today. above is most likely option.

accom prices?

We are the same, decided today to try and go Sat-Mon

Accom prices dont look too bad, depending on where you are staying.

I guess the majority of people will be staying in Albufeira, we were looking at staying closer to the ground. Haven't found anything yet though but that might be because there isnt anywhere worth staying.

We are the same, decided today to try and go Sat-Mon

Accom prices dont look too bad, depending on where you are staying.

I guess the majority of people will be staying in Albufeira, we were looking at staying closer to the ground. Haven't found anything yet though but that might be because there isnt anywhere worth staying.

If you look on the usual websites - TripAdvisor, booking.com etc., the TA seem to have done a good job at booking out the majority of the reasonably priced hotels. Most of what is left (in/near Faro) seems to be hostels. We're staying not far from the airport, due to only being there a couple of days. Booked it a couple of months back and glad we did.

train from Lisbon to Albufeira - 15 euros first class booked in advance - just have to wait a few more weeks as the Portuguese train site only offering fares up to end of September just now,

Easyjet flight from faro to Newcastle (coming back Sat 17th) now at 180 euros . Not sure whether to book it or wait and see if there is any sale.

still wanitng to book on day of game back day after but not sure if this will work.

dept gla-stn-lis-train to faro arrive 5.30 game 20.45

ret faro-lis-gtw-gla arrive 19.00

£167

Still no idea of accom and game transport.

Advice appreciated!

Edited by Mazziessc

still wanitng to book on day of game back day after but not sure if this will work.

dept gla-stn-lis-train to faro arrive 5.30 game 20.45

ret faro-lis-gtw-gla arrive 19.00

£167

Still no idea of accom and game transport.

Advice appreciated!

If your arrival in Faro is 17:30 and not a typo of 15:30, I would personally find this too close for comfort. One small delay and you could miss the match. The kickoff is 19:45, not 20:45. They are in the same timezone as us. You may see it listed as 20:45, but this is because UEFA list all kickoffs as CET (which neither the UK nor Portugal are within).

Have you had a look at flying GLA-DUB-FAO?

Edited by EIFA10

ahhh thanks for the info. Wasnt aware of that.

I'll have a look at alternatives. Ariving in faro mid afternoon.

Ryanair via Dublin. Would need to be booked as 2 separate flights, but it's coming in at about £179. Arrives Faro at 16:00. A little better, but also less connections to potentially mess up.

Aye that will be what i'll do. Left it late i know.

Thanks for the help.

Any ideas on accom for in faro? close by?

Cant see a thread here for folk staying in faro itself.

Repost from earlier on this thread...

If you look on the usual websites - TripAdvisor, booking.com etc., the TA seem to have done a good job at booking out the majority of the reasonably priced hotels. Most of what is left (in/near Faro) seems to be hostels. We're staying not far from the airport, due to only being there a couple of days. Booked it a couple of months back and glad we did.

Edit: Go on booking.com Hospedaria Frangaria have 2 rooms left. 1.2 miles from the airport, so short taxi to Faro itself.

I should have been a travel agent.

Edited by EIFA10

Edit: Go on booking.com Hospedaria Frangaria have 2 rooms left. 1.2 miles from the airport, so short taxi to Faro itself.

I should have been a travel agent.

Cheers for the help again. This hotel showed as fully booked when I tried it but got another close by.

settled with :

Gla-Dub-Faro arrive 4pm

Faro-Lis-Lgw-Gla arrive 7.30pm

£188 with hotel.

Can't make it due to work but are flying out day before?!

l stay in Bournemouth mate not say Glasgow to much hassle for me coming up for the Poland game then going direct to faro any case would not have had the lie days left to cover both games but will be up for the Germany game