Large Travelling Support Anticipated - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Large Travelling Support Anticipated

How many travelling fans in dublin on match day.

I reckon it could be the biggest travelling support in this campaign because

1. Its a saturday night

2. A freindly city

2. Easy to get to either ferry or flights to belfast, dublin or other nearby airports

3. wee gordon has got the nation believing again

4. The tartan army will find tickets even if its the home end, look at paris.

Looking at tamb alot of footsoilders already booked up.

Edited by Robroysboy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many travelling fans in dublin on match day.

I reckon it could be the biggest travelling support in this campaign because

1. Its a saturday night

2. A freindly city

2. Easy to get to either ferry or flights to belfast, dublin or other nearby airports

3. wee gordon has got the nation believing again

Looking at tamb alot of footsoilders already booked up.

As well as foot soldiers, teecee- and me will be going (and others who are banned / don't post on here). Edited by Charlie Endell

+1

Footsoldier chat is cringey as fcuk ?

One Christmas many years ago my sister bought me that On Manoeuvres with the Tartan Army book - straight in the bin - I didn't even consider giving it to a charity shop as I felt the fewer copies in circulation the better. Edited by Charlie Endell

I thing big numbers will travel, but not in huge numbers some folk are expecting.

Yes the match will have appeal, but I do not think tickets will be as easily available compared to other games (plus I suspect paying 50 a pop will put folk off), plus given how expensive Dublin is (hotel are not cheap and that's before we even talk about being on the lash all day) I think 5-7K going is a fair estimated.

Faro will be the one where we are in huge numbers.

A few factors played in our favour that time.....

Firstly how disheartened the locals were with the national team, but what played in our favour the most was the Rugby World Cup.

Locals were pre-occupied with that and football went out the window.

Most folk I spoke to in Paris thought we were there for the rugby.

If we were to play France again, tickets would be A LOT harder to come by, so there is no point bringing up that every time, as chances it will never happen again in such a fashion.

Edited by wanderer

I thing big numbers will travel, but not in huge numbers some folk are expecting.

Yes the match will have appeal, but I do not think tickets will be as easily available compared to other games (plus I suspect paying 50 a pop will put folk off), plus given how expensive Dublin is (hotel are not cheap and that's before we even talk about being on the lash all day) I think 5-7K going is a fair estimated.

Faro will be the one where we are in huge numbers.

There will be far more than 5K.

Most folk that I know that are going have no chance of SSC ticket.

There will be far more than 5K.

Most folk that I know that are going have no chance of SSC ticket.

As I said, 5k will be the minimum going.

If we get 3-4k tickets from the FAI, I can not see 1000's of upon 1000's going with slim chances of getting into the game, hence I think it will be round about the 7k mark (especially if what the Irish fans I spoke to is true that we will be paying a minimum of 50 euros a ticket)

Edited by wanderer

I know the numbers were not the same but the German FA were quite happy to sell tickets in large numbers to UK addresses.

True, but we never took over Dortmund.... If we had not purchased the tickets in Paris, then chances are that game would have been played in a half empty stadium (as I said, locals were just not interested as the Rugby World Cup was in town)