Depression - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I've been struggling again recently. Trying to do the right tHings to help myself but finding it very hard. The self loathing is back with a vengeance and I've had some really difficult periods recently.

Not as bad as I was seven or eight years ago but, finding things difficult at the moment.

Chin up bud. These shitty things will pass...

Ok, I've been struggling again recently. Trying to do the right tHings to help myself but finding it very hard. The self loathing is back with a vengeance and I've had some really difficult periods recently.

Not as bad as I was seven or eight years ago but, finding things difficult at the moment.

Nothing at all to self-loathe about. I don't know you, but from your posts on here you appear a funny, intelligent guy.

Battle through the storm - there'll be sunlight at the harbour.

I looked up a Christian answer to the issue and here is an excerpt...

"...may fall victim to feelings of self-hatred to the degree that they submit to the world’s values regarding beauty, success, and similar “markers of value.”

A person may come to hate himself for being old or physically unattractive. Some may arrive at self-hatred because they consider themselves losers who lack certain talents or resources (intelligence, personal connections, money, and influence). Anyone who accepts the idealized standards of beauty, success, and power as portrayed in the mass media—and fails to live up to those standards—may arrive at the unreasonable conclusion that he or she is not worthy of love and begin to sink into self-hatred.

Having met you, Donald, I know that you're not old or unattractive.

In fact I really admired the itinerary that you had set up for yourself in regards to your travels back in 2007, so I would find it difficult to believe that confidence would be an issue either.

Is it employment?

If it is, then any company would be lucky to have you.

You're twice as academically intelligent as the the average person.

Spring is here!

The weather is getting better every day.

Get out and observe the buds coming out on trees.

Touch them. (Seriously.)

They are amazing.

Good days ahead, mate.

Promise.

(PM me anytime.)

- quit alcohol

- eat a healthy balanced diet

- try and sleep from 10 every night

- exercise daily

- try and do one thing a day that makes you happy

- don't be too hard on yourself, some days will be harder than others

- talk to family and loved ones

Good mental health is something that we all need to practice. If you can't do the above or its a struggle then your depression might be at a level that you need to talk to a professional.