Safe Route - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Safe Route

Zicoladud

No, it depends on how good the Russkie missile-operators are.

I think a lot of us are going via Kiev so we're screwed if the war heats up.

I wonder if we'd get a refund if the flights were cancelled because of the war?

no refunds..... :mad::mad:

just a crash helmet..... :banghead::banghead:

• 2 months later...

Any time I ask the in-laws or friends I have in Kyiv about what's life like they keep saying "life goes on" and that you would hardly know a war is going on (granted it's happening 600 miles away (16 hours by train) so element of turning a blind eye).

I have 4 days there on the way out.

One good thing, hotel prices are rock bottom! Got suite in the Hotel Ukraine (main hotel on independence square) for £40 a night!

Any time I ask the in-laws or friends I have in Kyiv about what's life like they keep saying "life goes on" and that you would hardly know a war is going on (granted it's happening 600 miles away (16 hours by train) so element of turning a blind eye).

I have 4 days there on the way out.

One good thing, hotel prices are rock bottom! Got suite in the Hotel Ukraine (main hotel on independence square) for £40 a night!

Do you know if any flights still fly over the war zone? I know a few like Malaysia and Austrian don't. Thinking specifically of Ukraine air.

Do you know if any flights still fly over the war zone? I know a few like Malaysia and Austrian don't. Thinking specifically of Ukraine air.

TBH not sure.... Last I heard flights are still flying over that area area, but at a much higher altitude.

I am Ukraine Air to Yerevan and seems when heading to the Caucuses they head south to Odessa then across the Black Sea, rather than into Eastern Ukraine

Check the flight path on Flightradar 24. Shows today's Ukrainian Airways flight from Tbilisi flying in a loop over the Black Sea so would be avoiding the ear zone.

Goodcall zico, i recall the two newcastle football fans tragedy. They were on route to a pre-season freindly.

Kind if hoping that the two earing factions have taken measures to ensure that this never happens again.

As i am also going to tiblisi , hoping KLM will be monitoring the situation and taking the necassary deviation of flightpath.

Goodcall zico, i recall the two newcastle football fans tragedy. They were on route to a pre-season freindly.

Kind if hoping that the two earing factions have taken measures to ensure that this never happens again.

As i am also going to tiblisi , hoping KLM will be monitoring the situation and taking the necassary deviation of flightpath.

IIRC the big airlines have switched their route on the back of the Malaysian Air tragedy. KLM should be fine.

We are flying Turkish out to Tblisi so will be well South of the Ukraine.

J

Been a bad few days....

Donestk airport flattened and two bombs on buses... And Mariopol kicking off today.

These are all far away from Kyiv, so nothing major to worry about, but should be a concern.

Also heating up in the Caucuses.... A Russian soldier went on a killing spree in Armenia and killed a entire family of 6, and the locals are kicking off about it.

• 4 weeks later...