Possible fan zone outside stadium - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Possible fan zone outside stadium

Looking at the satellite images of the ground, there appears to be a large concrete area at the front of the stadium that could be ideal even for an informal fan zone. Just wanted to check from anyone who was there last time whether this was the done thing, e.g would it be ok to park up there for a bit before with carry out etc?

The reason the thought came up is that if there are people not booked on supporters busses, the stadium is slightly awkward to get to from Faro town centre (short bus followed by a 30min walk) and even more awkward and long if you're coming from Albufeira, so there may be a lot of people who would want to get around the stadium earlier to beat crowds, but it doesn;t look like there is much by the stadium in terms of amenities, cafes, shops, pubs etc.

For a start seriously doubt whether there will be enough fans attending to make a fanzone worthwhile.Being so close to the euros would be surprised if Scotland will take more than 1000 and Gibraltar will be lucky to match that.Think it will be a pretty quiet trip to be honest.

Given its a friendly, I very much doubt it......

There will probably be around 1000 Scots at the most (week before going to spend at least 10 days in Germany is going to see our support right down for this one), and doubt the home support will break a few 100 at the best....

6 hours ago, PSJ84 said:

I’d be up for cans on the pavement. Not sure about the police though.  

Me too! Going to play it by ear on the day we reckon. I think the word "fanzone" is strong, but a few dozen people with cans might be a shout

Do agree with the rest of the comments, it's gonna be about a 1500 attendance in a 30,000 seat stadium. Might have been a good atmosphere in one of the small grounds in Gibraltar.

At least the traffic in and out wont be bad!

Estadio Algarve is too big for this fixture. Can't see the attendance even reaching 10% of the stadium capacity.

The other stadium in Faro would have been more than big enough for this match.

7 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Know one person going to this. 

Germany, Killie in Europe (hopefully) and nations league away games plus Italy with the missus will see my annual leave used to the max.

Just a step too far for most with the euros so close and it hardly being a big draw. Same as you except substitute St. Mirren in europe(hopefully). Time will tell. 

The beauty of retirement is that "holiday entitlement" is no longer a constraint for away trips 😁

3 of us booked up, 2 retired, plus grandson (he's a student, ie also not constrained by holiday entitlement)

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Ferragudo on the Algarve and I’m looking for tickets for this , if I can’t get Scotland ones I’m hoping  I will be able to pick up ones on Gibraltar site .  I’m staying in Loule on the night of the game as it’s fairly close to the ground and a decent place . Loule Jardim hotel €85 with breakfast for 2 people 

On 4/20/2024 at 10:20 AM, P444lyg said:

I live in Ferragudo on the Algarve and I’m looking for tickets for this , if I can’t get Scotland ones I’m hoping  I will be able to pick up ones on Gibraltar site .  I’m staying in Loule on the night of the game as it’s fairly close to the ground and a decent place . Loule Jardim hotel €85 with breakfast for 2 people 

Scotland tickets need to be picked up by each individual member who booked tickets, so if you're not a SSC member, the only option will most likely be via the Gibraltar site.