DHGate Shirt Sizes - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

DHGate Shirt Sizes

Craigos

The sizes listed are s, m, l, xl, xxl, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24,

I presume the kids sizes are 16-24 but how big is the 16?  It doesn't appear on the size guides.

Only thing i know is that their sizing is made for the sterotypical asian man! 

Always go at least one or two sizes bigger than your UK size. Presume size 16 is the woman size and don't know what that would relate to in a man size? 

If you need a kids size then would just go small?

Also, couple of points from experience... 

The modern Scotland tops look the part and can't see much difference from the authentic ones. However, the top we wore at the recent qualifiers, I bought one of these from DHGate and the white round trimming around the neck started to fade very quickly into a horrible off white/creamy/slight yellowy colour and it really put me off wearing it. 

Furthermore, the material of Scotland tops they sell is quite different to the actual tops and they retain heat so you'll be sweating if you're waring it for too long and it starts to feel uncomfortable and can get smelly unless you spray it heavily on the outside and inside armpit bits and it's just not worth it.

They're only really good for the retro tops because just about everywhere you can get a retro top is not authentic or you are paying hundreds of pounds from Classic Football Shirts for example and a lot of the time they are not in mint condition. 

2 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Only thing i know is that their sizing is made for the sterotypical asian man! 

Always go at least one or two sizes bigger than your UK size. Presume size 16 is the woman size and don't know what that would relate to in a man size? 

If you need a kids size then would just go small?

Also, couple of points from experience... 

The modern Scotland tops look the part and can't see much difference from the authentic ones. However, the top we wore at the recent qualifiers, I bought one of these from DHGate and the white round trimming around the neck started to fade very quickly into a horrible off white/creamy/slight yellowy colour and it really put me off wearing it. 

Furthermore, the material of Scotland tops they sell is quite different to the actual tops and they retain heat so you'll be sweating if you're waring it for too long and it starts to feel uncomfortable and can get smelly unless you spray it heavily on the outside and inside armpit bits and it's just not worth it.

They're only really good for the retro tops because just about everywhere you can get a retro top is not authentic or you are paying hundreds of pounds from Classic Football Shirts for example and a lot of the time they are not in mint condition. 

Be prepared for accusations of racism coming your way from particularly sensitive tamb members 🙄 Just sayin

4 hours ago, Craigos said:

The sizes listed are s, m, l, xl, xxl, 16, 18, 20, 22, 24,

I presume the kids sizes are 16-24 but how big is the 16?  It doesn't appear on the size guides.

Sizing & quality very unreliable from DH Gate - many different sellers -  this size guide may help?

Screenshot_20240316_202335_DHgate.jpg

1 hour ago, todd said:

Be prepared for accusations of racism coming your way from particularly sensitive tamb members 🙄 Just sayin

Meant no offence at all but it's clear they make shirts based on the asian market (if you ever been to Asia then people would understand this) even though it'll be a lot of buyers from the UK purchasing items. Their sizing is ridiciulous and untrustworthy, it's not as if you can just simply return it for a bigger size and most people won't anyway due to the low cost. However, you're better off just paying more and shopping locally as you get what you pay for so to speak

1 hour ago, Craigos said:

Cheers, I'll just get him one from JD.  👍

No worries mate, hopefully not put you off too much as Dhgate is a lot cheaper so has its uses but would only go for the retro tops off of there and they are pretty decent all things considered. Got a great France 1998 with Zidane name and number on the back and looks the part. I'm usually a large but tend to go for XL or XXL as they can be tight as anything.

25 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Meant no offence at all but it's clear they make shirts based on the asian market (if you ever been to Asia then people would understand this) even though it'll be a lot of buyers from the UK purchasing items. Their sizing is ridiciulous and untrustworthy, it's not as if you can just simply return it for a bigger size and most people won't anyway due to the low cost. However, you're better off just paying more and shopping locally as you get what you pay for so to speak

I 100% know you meant no offence mate, I just know some precious Gen Z TA member will find a reason to kick off 😉 

Edited by todd

DH Gate is not something that I can wear. I wear an XXL, I would equate a DHG XXL to an official Large. If you wear larger than large(no pun intended) I wouldn't get your hopes us. Save your pennies up, or wait until late 2025 and get one off ebay.

On 3/17/2024 at 5:29 AM, tramsnpandas said:

Sizing & quality very unreliable from DH Gate - many different sellers -  this size guide may help?

Screenshot_20240316_202335_DHgate.jpg

Quality never been an issue. Sizing been mostly fine

£14 gamble or 75/100 quid, no brainer to me

On 3/17/2024 at 6:25 AM, romanticscot said:

DH Gate is not something that I can wear. I wear an XXL, I would equate a DHG XXL to an official Large. If you wear larger than large(no pun intended) I wouldn't get your hopes us. Save your pennies up, or wait until late 2025 and get one off ebay.

I'm a medium, bought medium multiple times, different tops and they fit fine. Bought large for mates and they're spot on too.

8 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Yea, I’m an XL and went XXL. Thinking I should have gone 3XL. But they didn’t have the size. 

Good excuse to lose weight.

J

I got plenty of excuses to lose weight, but not the motivation to.... lol  I like food and lounging too much 

18 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Not In my case and I have bought about 10 shirts from there in the last year or so 

Are these "new" or "retro"

If new, always go UK size, retro the size up. 

https://m.dhgate.com/product/wales-2022-women-soccer-jerseys-scotland/756096458.html?invitationCode=ff80808155d9d3e20155f4a04d8d6721|-|756096458&shareToken=2931004AF5E64F13592754F24C285623666014A20ECF02EF00CC8633251C427921A684C1704474032A96B52ACFB853CFC99A8ED999875331

HeBe has been spot on for every release for a few years.  

Been using DH Gate for years and usually they're fine. Bought a few Scotland retro tops and they were spot on, and the Roma away top.

However, before the Spain/France double header I was putting an order in, and my mate asked me to get his girlfriend her first Scotland top (the women's away one) and him a retro away top. They had to swap shirts because his was too small and hers too big, plus he wanted her name on the back and instead they put McGinn!

Depends what seller you go with I guess.

11 hours ago, LoganRoy said:

Been a mixture of both, the newer tops are not as good as the retro from experience though, I'd rather just go to JD and pay the money if need be.

I'm normally a large in normal t-shirts but go XL in football tops as I don't like them skin tight but they end up being a bit long or too big slightly. However, Dhgate for me is usually an xl and fits perfect

46 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Been a mixture of both, the newer tops are not as good as the retro from experience though, I'd rather just go to JD and pay the money if need be.

I'm normally a large in normal t-shirts but go XL in football tops as I don't like them skin tight but they end up being a bit long or too big slightly. However, Dhgate for me is usually an xl and fits perfect

Fair enough mate 👌 

14 minutes ago, Ajax Jambo said:

Do the DH Gate ones come with the Umbro / Adidas logos on them?   the website shows most without.

They do. For some bizarre reason they won’t show it on their website copywrite I guess, but in the same breath clearly selling hookey jerseys.

Take a look at the reviewers pictures to get a good idea of the shirts.