Who starts in goal if all available - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Who starts in goal if all available

Angus Gunn,

Craig Gordon,

Zander Clarke,

Liam Kelly,

Wild card ( if there was a host of injuries) Davy Marshall says he would consider a SOS. Before Gunn committed himself after Gordon's leg break I though Marshall could have returned.

Its such an important position. Can Gordon get himself the number 1 jersey back at Tynnecastle ? 

image.png.e139ec796773f55154c59ffefbf74961.png

If Gunn is fit he will start our games in June surely? He was Clarke’s first choice in qualifying and (hopefully I’m wrong) I can’t see Gordon getting back to the level he was at before his injury. 

9 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

If Gunn is fit he will start our games in June surely? He was Clarke’s first choice in qualifying and (hopefully I’m wrong) I can’t see Gordon getting back to the level he was at before his injury. 

IMO, Gunn is now better than Gordon was before his injury. So, it's Gunn for me, if he's fit.

On 1/10/2024 at 2:57 PM, GroundsKeeper said:

Wild card ( if there was a host of injuries) Davy Marshall says he would consider a SOS. Before Gunn committed himself after Gordon's leg break I thought Marshall could have returned.

You obviously having seen Hibs this season, Marshall is finished we bought a keeper to replace him who unfortunately got injured 15 minutes into his debut. Good professional etc but the nearest he should be to a Scotland squad in the stands

On 1/10/2024 at 2:57 PM, GroundsKeeper said:

Angus Gunn,

Craig Gordon,

Zander Clarke,

Liam Kelly,

Wild card ( if there was a host of injuries) Davy Marshall says he would consider a SOS. Before Gunn committed himself after Gordon's leg break I though Marshall could have returned.

Its such an important position. Can Gordon get himself the number 1 jersey back at Tynnecastle ? 

At Andy Burghs book launch in Glasgow last year, that was right off the heels of Gordon breaking his leg, and long before Gunn had agreed to switch.....

Marshall was at the event as a speaker, and during the Q&A was asked if Clarke came calling, would he come back, and his answer was a straight "I already have holidays booked" and moved on.

He should not have even been our first choice at the Euro's, as he had been majorly off form since the turn of the year, but Clarke felt he owed him because he got there (even though Gordon was on arguably the form of his life at the time).

Doubt Clarke will make a mistake like that again, and will go with who is the best available. 

On 1/12/2024 at 12:49 PM, dan cake said:

You obviously having seen Hibs this season, Marshall is finished we bought a keeper to replace him who unfortunately got injured 15 minutes into his debut. Good professional etc but the nearest he should be to a Scotland squad in the stands

Heard he has been poor for hibs. Fair comment

2 hours ago, GroundsKeeper said:

Heard he has been poor for hibs. Fair comment

I thought he’d be a great signing bags of experience etc but his career is dying the death of a 1000 non saves at Easter Road, he done Clarke a favour by retiring hopefully he does Hibs the same curtesy. Likeable guy and a good professional but unfortunately a liability these days

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...