Connecting Flights - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Connecting Flights

we'll be coming

1 hour ago, Bookmonkey said:

I'm on the same flight.

It's tight but as I booked direct with Lufthansa I'm hoping that if things go wrong, they will get me to my final destination. 

Brussels airport a really easy transfer! Plus if you miss it airline need to fix it! Also likely to be quite a few on flight so more likely to hold 2nd plane a bit too!

7 hours ago, Bookmonkey said:

I'm on the same flight.

It's tight but as I booked direct with Lufthansa I'm hoping that if things go wrong, they will get me to my final destination. 

Would you happen to know, if you buy checked in luggage would you just pick it up in Munich or would you need to collect it and check it in again in Brussels ? The 2 outgoing flights are both with Brussels Airlines but i booked on the Lufthansa website. I think Lufthansa own Brussels Airlines. 

1 hour ago, we'll be coming said:

Would you happen to know, if you buy checked in luggage would you just pick it up in Munich or would you need to collect it and check it in again in Brussels ? The 2 outgoing flights are both with Brussels Airlines but i booked on the Lufthansa website. I think Lufthansa own Brussels Airlines. 

Booked right through!

3 hours ago, we'll be coming said:

Yes, booked right through.....however 1 hour 5 mins is tight for them to get your luggage transferred between planes...it may arrive a few days after you do. 😬😬

23 hours ago, we'll be coming said:

I'm booked 15.15 Edinburgh to Munich via Brussels on 13th June. The stop over is 1h 5mins. Do you reckon this is enough time to catch the connecting flight ? 

I've never caught a connecting flight before so a bit unsure. 

I have to travel a lot and use star Alliance when I can (Lufthansa air Austria Brussels air Turkish swiss air etc) the do rediculous sounding connections like 45 mins but 9 times out of 10 they make them. Some really cool experiences where they have a car waiting on the tarmac if the plane is late arriving in order to take you to the connection plane by passing the terminal. Makes you feel like James bond. Doesn't help if you've no time to spare for the match but when I missed a connection in Vienna for the Scotland Albania game they put me up in a nice hotel and gave me €250 compensation and taxi there and back. Had a great time !!!!

With airlines all cashing in on football fan’s booking immediately after the draw, are flight prices likely to go down over the next couple of months? 
just trying to decide if I need to find the usual crazy routes I see people post or hold out in the hope that flights become more reasonable. 

37 minutes ago, glesgadan said:

With airlines all cashing in on football fan’s booking immediately after the draw, are flight prices likely to go down over the next couple of months? 
just trying to decide if I need to find the usual crazy routes I see people post or hold out in the hope that flights become more reasonable. 

Based on a bit of booking and travelling low cost airlines will usually find a level after a big demand like has happened. However if there are only a few seats left it won’t fall that much from current prices! Not so sure about the more mainstream carriers! Obviously the other thing to do is look at countries that haven’t qualified and go via there! 

Heres an option one way to Munich day before the game from London that’s still cheap and not too ridiculous a journey. Can’t book train for another few weeks but train detail  is from 2 weeks before and likely to be identical times and prices.

IMG_4340.png

IMG_4339.png

• 2 months later...