Cologne F.C. Tartan Army West Germany may… - Page 4 - Scotland v Switzerland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cologne F.C. Tartan Army West Germany may…

On 12/11/2023 at 12:44 PM, AlfieMoon said:

Hi David, don’t suppose you know if Cologne is in the catchment area for the free match travel to/from Gelsenkirchen?  (planning to go up for Spain-Italy the day after our game). 

Yeah UEFA are allowing travel between the VRR and VRS catchment areas.euro24_mobi_map.avif

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/8/2023 at 9:14 PM, TA-West Germany said:

Very easy. ICE will bring you from Frankfurt airport station straight to Cologne central or Cologne Deutz. Both Braunsfeld and Ehrenfeld are nice neighbourhoods. Close to city centre. Braunsfeld quite close to stadium 

Same for us, I'd like things booked in advance as I seem to have found myself as planner for a group of 7 including kids. We arrive Frankfurt 2100 and want to get straight Cologne. Is there any sites etc taking bookings yet or if not when?

17 minutes ago, Mazziessc said:

Same for us, I'd like things booked in advance as I seem to have found myself as planner for a group of 7 including kids. We arrive Frankfurt 2100 and want to get straight Cologne. Is there any sites etc taking bookings yet or if not when?

There will be trains from Frankfurt Airport straight to Cologne but you can book trains only few months ahead. Not yet to be booked I think. But even if you arrive 9pm you are able to get to CGN easily. 

11 hours ago, jailer said:

What's the chances of making 2351 train to Koblenz after the game? I would image it will be a struggle, next one is 0349. Take it there will bars open until the early hours?

Chances are likely if you really leave the stadium fast. Also depends if we get North corner or south corner. I would suggest in any way to party in city centre old town and take first one at 3.49am. Main central station is close to old town and bars/pubs will be open as they want to make $$$

In case you decide to take last train back: get to Neumarkt with line 1 or any train from stadium station and then Neumarkt to main central station is two stops on subway.

Edited by TA-West Germany

13 hours ago, TA-West Germany said:

Chances are likely if you really leave the stadium fast. Also depends if we get North corner or south corner. I would suggest in any way to party in city centre old town and take first one at 3.49am. Main central station is close to old town and bars/pubs will be open as they want to make $$$

In case you decide to take last train back: get to Neumarkt with line 1 or any train from stadium station and then Neumarkt to main central station is two stops on subway.

👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• 2 weeks later...

Hi T.A west Germany.

we will be arriving later in the day. Getting a train from Brussels. We are staying in the Moxy hotel Mulheim. We will just want to get there drop the bags and get out. What is the score on the trams if you don’t have a match ticket. Can you just pay on the tram or do you need a pre bought ticket.

6 hours ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

Hi T.A west Germany.

we will be arriving later in the day. Getting a train from Brussels. We are staying in the Moxy hotel Mulheim. We will just want to get there drop the bags and get out. What is the score on the trams if you don’t have a match ticket. Can you just pay on the tram or do you need a pre bought ticket.

Getting from Mülheim to city centre is easy. Take tram no 4 from von-Sparr-Str to Neumarkt and then walk to old town. As for tickets: day pass for city soil is 8,50€ and group day pass for up to 5 is 17,20€ . So if more than two in your group the group pass would do. You can buy tickets on the tram by card. 

When arriving from Brussels at Cologne central, take no 18 from Breslauer Platz to Mülheim Wiener Platz. You’ll arrive subway. Go upstairs to ground level and take no 4 to von-Sparr-Str, it’s two stops from there.

Generally I would not bother too much about tickets as city will be packed with fans 😎

Edited by TA-West Germany

15 hours ago, TA-West Germany said:

Generally I would not bother too much about tickets as city will be packed with fans 😎

I remember in 2006 it was the same 'free transport with a match ticket' deal.

I didn't always have a match ticket but i remember not having to buy a ticket for inner city trains. It seemed to be a free for all. Do you think it'll be the same this time?

I imagine our kilts will be our tickets 😋

8 hours ago, Dave78 said:

I remember in 2006 it was the same 'free transport with a match ticket' deal.

I didn't always have a match ticket but i remember not having to buy a ticket for inner city trains. It seemed to be a free for all. Do you think it'll be the same this time?

I imagine our kilts will be our tickets 😋

Kind of. Due to lack of staff my feeling is there’s less and less ticket checks on trams within last few months.

On 12/29/2023 at 6:22 AM, TA-West Germany said:

Getting from Mülheim to city centre is easy. Take tram no 4 from von-Sparr-Str to Neumarkt and then walk to old town. As for tickets: day pass for city soil is 8,50€ and group day pass for up to 5 is 17,20€ . So if more than two in your group the group pass would do. You can buy tickets on the tram by card. 

When arriving from Brussels at Cologne central, take no 18 from Breslauer Platz to Mülheim Wiener Platz. You’ll arrive subway. Go upstairs to ground level and take no 4 to von-Sparr-Str, it’s two stops from there.

Thanks mate👍

On 12/14/2023 at 4:51 PM, tartan davie said:

3 just booked into the landhotel fettehenne how are we fixed for travel to and from the game

10 of us booked in there, bit further out of the way than I would of liked. 2.5 miles from tram and 3miles to train station. 260 bus goes to tram station and continues on to city centre as well (about 50 mins). Last bus from city centre appears to be 0046 which I imagine we will be targeting as it stops near the hotel. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, marinello said:

Hi Cologne TA.

Really struggling for a motorhome campsite. Tried Berger, Campingplatz and Goldenmeile but no luck.

Any suggestions greatly welcomed including any Stellplatz which seem to offer electricity and water.

Those are the three on city soil or closer to city. You may try regions around Cologne like Westerwald or so

On 1/10/2024 at 5:45 PM, TA-West Germany said:

Those are the three on city soil or closer to city. You may try regions around Cologne like Westerwald or so

As said earlier, try to find motorhome campsites outside the city. If you look towards Frankfurt then the Westerwald region is worth it. Depending on where you would be based there, it's a 45-90 minute drive from there to Cologne. 

Hi TA-West Germany, ive Pre-booked a hotel In Siegburg ror me and my son for 3 nights. Do you know what the area is like and how easy it is to get into cologne? Hotel is very near s-bahn so looks straightforward enough, hopefully lol thanks in advance. Can't wait to get over there 🍻

Edited by the pretender

12 hours ago, the pretender said:

Hi TA-West Germany, ive Pre-booked a hotel In Siegburg ror me and my son for 3 nights. Do you know what the area is like and how easy it is to get into cologne? Hotel is very near s-bahn so looks straightforward enough, hopefully lol thanks in advance. Can't wait to get over there 🍻

Nice little town not too far from where I live.. If you are close to Siegburg station then great connection to Cologne city centre… Siegburg has a few cafes and bars… there’s worse places out there…

2 hours ago, TA-West Germany said:

Nice little town not too far from where I live.. If you are close to Siegburg station then great connection to Cologne city centre… Siegburg has a few cafes and bars… there’s worse places out there…

Thanks, hotel is only 10 min walk to train station.  just looking for somewhere cheapish with good transport into city. Will be spending most of our time in cologne. 

42 minutes ago, the pretender said:

Thanks, hotel is only 10 min walk to train station.  just looking for somewhere cheapish with good transport into city. Will be spending most of our time in cologne. 

Yeah, that is good choice. Train journey to CGN city is short...