UEFA ticket portal and specifically ones for the under 16s (Prep for UEFA tickets distributed by SSC) - Page 2 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

UEFA ticket portal and specifically ones for the under 16s (Prep for UEFA tickets distributed by SSC)

GroundsKeeper

1 minute ago, McTeeko said:

It was a loophole that the SSC encouraged to enable me to get tickets for my son at Euro2020. I don’t think it was overly advertised though. We were meeting people at Wembley who asked how I got his ticket (he was 9 at the time) as other kids missed out. He had enough points, there was nothing underhand, but his ticket was booked under a different DOB. 

Cheers. Might have to consider that. It would work out legit as the UEFA site age limit is 16 which he will be next summer

14 hours ago, Up and Doune said:

Cheers. That’s my frustration. I understand capping it but at 1 child is ridiculous. That’s why I wanted to buy my son an adult ticket as he’ll be 16 next summer.

I know that’s a UEFA decision not the SFA

SSC update 👍🏼

FOUR tickets now available to buy…..

IMG_2935.jpeg

Edited by McTeeko

10 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

SSC update 👍🏼

FOUR tickets now available to buy…..

IMG_2935.jpeg

Brilliant, I was discussing what to do with the SSC This morning.

They said it was terrible but I would need to get another adult to buy my second weans ticket....

Glad common sense has come through 

48 minutes ago, HelloJock said:

You think we'll be ok to buy tickets for our kids the following day (if there's availability) ? 

What I mean is that, there won't be a block on buying a kids ticket without an accompanying adult. 

AFAIK it must be purchased alongside an adult ticket. So, if you're eligible on >12 points, but U18 is on <12, to both buy you'd need to wait.  

3 minutes ago, LoganRoy said:

AFAIK it must be purchased alongside an adult ticket. So, if you're eligible on >12 points, but U18 is on <12, to both buy you'd need to wait.  

Where have you seen this mate? I've been looking as I thought this could possibly be the case, but haven't seen it confirmed anywhere

4 minutes ago, HelloJock said:

Where have you seen this mate? I've been looking as I thought this could possibly be the case, but haven't seen it confirmed anywhere

It's how I've interpreted this post mate,

https://twitter.com/Neilmalc/status/1730199980915265957?t=_lmfzQT7A_gMHoSP4r5DOg&s=19

Image taken from here https://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scotland/supporters-tickets/uefa-euro-2024-ticketing-faqs/

Screenshot_20231130_155015_Samsung Internet.jpg

So I am on 11 points (outside chance of a ticket) but my son only has 10pts (looking dubious).
Annoyingly the only reason I have an extra point if for renewing membership.
My son (age 9) has been to exactly the same home matches for last 2 qualifying campaigns.
But didn't get the crucial extra point because he was a new SSC member 😦

So, I'm above 12 points and planning to purchase my own tickets for the 3 matches on Wednesday, my 2 sons (both under 18) are on 11 points.

From SFA FAQ's "If you are on a different points level to the u18(s) member in order to buy together, the only option is to wait until you have both access codes and purchase together."

Let's presume we all don't mind not sitting next to each other.

My plan was to buy my ticket on Wednesday for myself. Then log back into my Adult account on Thursday once the kids access codes are through and try and grab some of the available tickets for the 11 pointers, for my under 18 boys.

But is the above FAQ meaning that if I purchase my own ticket on Wednesday (which is obviously sensible as its a guaranteed ticket at 12 points) I won't be able to TRY and buy my kids tickets on Thursday using may adult account as I will already have purchased my adult ticket. So my kids will not even be able to try and get a ticket for the 11 pointers?

Edited by StirlingScott

3 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

Confirmed by ssc that you can't buy a single u18 ticket. Quite the dilemma for those with kids on different points levels

That’s the dilemma I’m facing. One kid on 11 and me and the other one on 12. Was planning to but 2 tickets for one game on Wednesday and when the threshold drops to 11 try to get 3 for the other two games. Don’t want the younger one missing out but also don’t want me and my son to miss out! 

19 minutes ago, Up and Doune said:

That’s the dilemma I’m facing. One kid on 11 and me and the other one on 12. Was planning to but 2 tickets for one game on Wednesday and when the threshold drops to 11 try to get 3 for the other two games. Don’t want the younger one missing out but also don’t want me and my son to miss out! 

identical problem here!  the annoying thing is that my son missed out on the x1 extra point for renewing membership (because he only joined the SSC 4 years ago as new member).   he has been to all the same qualifying matches as me for last 2 campaigns.

do you risk missing out ?
or shoot for the moon....

1 hour ago, Up and Doune said:

Same here. I'm on 14, son on 11. 

He should be on 12 but that's another story.

I've booked to go to Munich myself and will fly back to take him out for the next 2 games 🙈. Obviously I'll wait until Thursday for the 11 points sale and pray that i get 2 tickets for at least one of the last 2 matches 🤞