Lawrence Shankland- lets see what he can do - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lawrence Shankland- lets see what he can do

GroundsKeeper

I watch him every week. He’s worth getting in the squad and has now scored v Rangers in a 3-1 defeat, Celtic in a 4-1 defeat, Rangers in a 2-1 defeat and 2 v Motherwell in a 2-1 win in the last 4 games. This Hearts midfield is diabolical and he is scoring goals. 

The only reason he won’t leave us in January is the fact the Euros is on the horizon and Clarke is still noticing him. 

Clarke gets very little wrong and I trust his judgement on if he is good enough. What he does do is make something out of nothing. I’m a huge fan. 

Edited by GaryWood34

Should of been given more time on the pitch last night, see what he did in a short amount of time. Should be given a start against Norway. Clarke know what he gets from Dykes so this is a good opportunity to have a better look at Shankland. A proven goal scorer and quite surprised Rangers havnt signed him already.

Edited by YesTA

2 hours ago, YesTA said:

Should of been given more time on the pitch last night, see what he did in a short amount of time. Should be given a start against Norway. Clarke know what he gets from Dykes so this is a good opportunity to have a better look at Shankland. A proven goal scorer and quite surprised Rangers havnt signed him already.

Clarke has a decision to make with Shankland and Dykes but I would start Dykes and bring on Shankland earlier this time against a hopefully tired defence. 

31 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Clarke has a decision to make with Shankland and Dykes but I would start Dykes and bring on Shankland earlier this time against a hopefully tired defence. 

I'd sooner see Shankland start. He is not a guaranteed a squad place yet and to do that Clarke needs a good look at him - not just a few minutes here and there. We know what Dykes can do and he did spurn a couple of decent chances last night whereas Shankland took his only chance. If it doesn't work out we can switch up but would sooner taken another look at Brown too for same reason as Shankland.

21 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I'd sooner see Shankland start. He is not a guaranteed a squad place yet and to do that Clarke needs a good look at him - not just a few minutes here and there. We know what Dykes can do and he did spurn a couple of decent chances last night whereas Shankland took his only chance. If it doesn't work out we can switch up but would sooner taken another look at Brown too for same reason as Shankland.

This doesn't mean anything when it comes to the Norway match. On another day Dykes could have taken his chance and Shankland missed. 

Norway is not must win by 2 if I am not mstaken? I would be happy to stick with Dykes if thats the case.