The UEFA Ticket Lottery - Page 3 - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The UEFA Ticket Lottery

Craig Fae Hamilton

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Haggis_trap said:

Well that was disappointing....
Assumed Scotland would be pot 2 or pot 3.
So applied for all x6 of the X2 vs X3 (pots A,B,C, etc) group games.
Like everyone else got absolutely nothing.

We have a ferry booked.

The position in the group is randomly drawn and allocated. It doesn't signify the pot the team was in. 

Anyway, I applied for 2 tickets for about 15 games, in varying price categories, and got heehaw. 

I should get tickets through the SSC for our games anyway but want to go to as many games as possible when I'm over. 

Can't think of any flaws in this system at all, uefa have really nailed it. You'll get an email response...em no, they'll be another ballot after the draw...no again, any tickets you have (you'll probably not want) can go in a resale, what can possibly go wrong here and with a mixture of fans all over each ground if there's trouble...guess who won't be at fault

6 hours ago, Muirheid Inn said:

Deadline to pay is this Friday so more tickets will probably become available with such short notice to pay.

Really....!!??  They only give 3 days to pay!!?  Thats atrocious.  They should at least have communicated that well in advance so that anyone successful would at least have ensured they had the money ready to go.

2 hours ago, biffer said:

I'm wondering if there was something in the software to look for 'tout-like' applications. So if you applied for the maximum number available one ten or fifteen consecutive days it might just have chuckled you out.

I wondered that before applying....
Therefore, deliberately only applied for x4 matches.

Was careful to make one application using same address / email.
Still got fanny adams.

11 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

it's strange to me you're being asked to apply for tickets you have no idea who's playing.

end up with tickets you probably don't want and then have to start swapping.

Except, you can't swap, because you are reliant on someone mailing you the ticket. Who is going to Mail a Ticket to someone else 1st?

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

The position in the group is randomly drawn and allocated. It doesn't signify the pot the team was in. 

Not totally sure about.
When the draw is made the play offs will still have to happen.

So, I am pretty sure A2 = pot 2 team
C3 = pot 3 team <team>

Though i have read elsewhere as you suggest that may not be case.
Moot point now - as like most I didn't get UEFA tickets.
On 10 points (go to every home game) but wont be enough for me or the kids.

16 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

Not totally sure about.

C3 = pot 3 team <team>

I am in exactly the same boat, also, I went to Cyprus, no STC Ticket for AWAY game.

I hope the SFA read this and share the tickets out equally, like, Top Pointers get 1st choice of Game. Next Highest gets their choice of Game and 3rd Highest gets the Tickets that's left. That would be the fair way to do it.

It would royally screw those that have harvested Points.

This is interesting, apparently there was more than 20 Million Applications for Tickets. I assume that is for 20 Million Tickets. If that assumption is correct.

There was 1.2 Million Tickets up for Grabs. And that should mean we should have been successful in roughly 5% of our Applications. We applied for 144 Tickets and got 4. 5% would have been 7.

Just from reading the replies on here, have Scotland fans really been successful in 5% of our applications? I don't think so:

Not that I like this paper but they are suggesting Touts jimmied the system:

https://www.uefa.com/euro2024/news/0286-19204ea8acb2-b28b3ee07cb0-1000--first-phase-of-euro-2024-ticket-sales-closes-all-you-need-to/

2 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

Not totally sure about.

C3 = pot 3 team <team>

It's on the UEFA site. Pot number does not equal seeding.

From UEFA website:

"Those who are unsuccessful in their application in the October 2023 phase will be notified about new ticket availability (resulting from, for example, failed payments of other fans) according to their ranking in the lottery. "

How do we know our "ranking in the lottery"???? 

Anyway, I'm going to Germany with or without tickets. 👍🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

6 hours ago, Craig Fae Hamilton said:

I am in exactly the same boat, also, I went to Cyprus, no STC Ticket for AWAY game.

I hope the SFA read this and share the tickets out equally, like, Top Pointers get 1st choice of Game. Next Highest gets their choice of Game and 3rd Highest gets the Tickets that's left. That would be the fair way to do it.

It would royally screw those that have harvested Points.

Each game should be allocated like any other away game 👍

Any other way is unfair.

15 hours ago, Craig Fae Hamilton said:

Except, you can't swap, because you are reliant on someone mailing you the ticket. Who is going to Mail a Ticket to someone else 1st?

The tickets are purely app only - there's no official "swap" system, just a resale where unwanted tickets go back on to the open market in the spring when at least you'll know the teams involved.