Feeder Teams - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Reading a lot of reports about Dundee and Hibs becoming feeder clubs for those English giants Burnley & Bournemouth. Not sure how much this benefits them, surely they can get their young players on loan already if they want? Even if they get more access to fringe/young players on loan will it make that much difference?

I read that the American in charge of Bournemouth wants to make a "small investment" to guarantee Hibs 3rd place every year. If you were a Billionaire interested in a team like that wouldn't you rather make a significant investment to try and come first? Like I say I'm not really sure what all parties gain from such a deal, would Hibs be limited in getting the best deals for players if Bournemouth have 1st option?

1 hour ago, RDFH64 said:

Aye Southampton had a good feeder system going few years back, quite a few Celtic players headed south to them 😜

Great arrangement 👏

I reckon we’ve had about 30 odd million off them over the years. Not really how ‘feeder teams’ are supposed to work but nice work if you can get it 😃

2 hours ago, slasher said:

Great arrangement 👏

I reckon we’ve had about 30 odd million off them over the years. Not really how ‘feeder teams’ are supposed to work but nice work if you can get it 😃

🎣 thought I’d hook a tiddler like the Crested Ramy first but got a Bull shark instead 😜