Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin? - Page 30 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Questions For Your Trip To Dublin?

Not sure of it's location - any good pubs / bars etc nearby the Camden DeLuxe Hotel ?

Youre on Camden street mate, its heaving with bars. Depends what you are after, Bleeding horse, Flannery's and Hogans are good. Take a wander up the road and you wont be stuck for choices

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GTR

Two further questions:

1. I am staying in O Donoghues on St Stephens Green/Baggot St. Are the prices for the boozers in these on a par with Temple Bar or reasonably priced?

2. Is St Stephens Green/Baggot St a good walk from the likes of Talbot St, where we all stayed/drank for the Carling Cup expeditions made last time out?

Avoid temple bar purely due to financial reasons.

Is there a big difference in pricing then?

Only going to be out clubbing 1 or 2 nights so unless its a drastic difference or the other places you mentioned are better we don't mind paying an extra few quid!

GTR

Two further questions:

1. I am staying in O Donoghues on St Stephens Green/Baggot St. Are the prices for the boozers in these on a par with Temple Bar or reasonably priced?

2. Is St Stephens Green/Baggot St a good walk from the likes of Talbot St, where we all stayed/drank for the Carling Cup expeditions made last time out?

Hey Mate

1)Reasonable compared to Temple Bar. But still very pricey

Remember Baggot St is still practically city centre. As much as I love Dublin , I cant/nor will ever say it does cheap beer.

2) About 20/25 mins walk between the 2 destinations mate

Only going to be out clubbing 1 or 2 nights so unless its a drastic difference or the other places you mentioned are better we don't mind paying an extra few quid!

if its ur first time here and you have cash to spare then head out there - you will have a good time im sure

But be ready to pay a nice sum if your buying a beer in temple bar, some bars charge 7 euro a pint in temple bar

I would Strongly recommend the wexford st/camden st/harcourt st areas for clubbing....while still pricey, they are cheaper than temple bar, all within touching distance of each other .....and bloody brilliant Craic

Temple bar is decent for a visit and a few pints if you never been in it before but if it's clubbing you looking for then harcourt street is the place for you. Still not the cheapest place but better than temple bar and has night clubs to suit everyone's tastes plus majority of places on the street opened late so around 4am closing

Thanks for the info lads!

Our digs are in Temple Bar so will no doubt be based in or around that area (drinking wise as well!) but will head down Harcourt Street direction. We were over for Northern Ireland game during Carling Nations but never got round the city much so will be out to see what it has to offer. Can't wait for it & just got to see where the night takes us!

Info is appreciated :ok:

GTR,

whats the craic with the spar tickets?

I went spar in malahide today and they had non for sale?

Is it selected stores only?

Not a clue mate. I get my tickets directly from FAI as do my mates.

Know about as much on the spar thing as you do.

Did you ask the spar manager was it a selected store thing ?

I will try find out though

Blue Aircoach is reliable and if there are only 1 or 2 of you its cheapest option. Just check which route you need as there are a few options. If there are 4 or more taxi is probably a better option

GTR I am stopping past howl at the moon nightclub on wednesday night as its 2.50 euro all drinks. Is it a good place and would the bouncer be ok with me turning up in a kilt?

Wudnt go there very often lad. Actually thought it shut down as it wasnt getting enuf business. ...but i cud very well be wrong.

Not sure how its doing these days as haven't been in it in yonks.

Its massive though. I can't see any issue with Kilts....provided you have your senses about you.

Wednesday tends to be student night in dublin hence the cheap drinks there