england tickets - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

england tickets

thesaint

Just now, thesaint said:

Just wondering why suddenly there are a certain amount of tickets available for the game.Suppose it must be unused debenture tickets .Can't see why there are suddenly tickets available if it's not the unused debenture tickets.

Happens every game! Combination of debenture holders and SFA member clubs, groups etc. not taking up their full allocation! 

41 minutes ago, macwomble said:

Happens every game! Combination of debenture holders and SFA member clubs, groups etc. not taking up their full allocation! 

Yeah.That is the only explanation i can think of.Shows you the kind of w..kers that are involved there.Suppose all the better that some FOOTBALL fans might actually get the tickets and not those debenture types.The further they are away from a football match the better for all concerned.

13 hours ago, thesaint said:

Yeah.That is the only explanation i can think of.Shows you the kind of w..kers that are involved there.Suppose all the better that some FOOTBALL fans might actually get the tickets and not those debenture types.The further they are away from a football match the better for all concerned.

I got 2 tix just now for a colleague  and  his wee boy. Wee boy is so excited .  They stood in the pouring rain at Hampden before the Georgia game trying to get tickets , unsuccessfully,  so glad they got these. 

18 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

I got 2 tix just now for a colleague  and  his wee boy. Wee boy is so excited .  They stood in the pouring rain at Hampden before the Georgia game trying to get tickets , unsuccessfully,  so glad they got these. 

Good stuff. 😀👍

Personally think it's a bit of a piss take from the sfa tbh. Me and a mate both been members for about 20yrs and missed out on tickets originally and couldn't apply for these today because we didn't go down for the Georgia game but people could buy 6 even if they already had. 

10 minutes ago, Willie84 said:

Personally think it's a bit of a piss take from the sfa tbh. Me and a mate both been members for about 20yrs and missed out on tickets originally and couldn't apply for these today because we didn't go down for the Georgia game but people could buy 6 even if they already had. 

How did you miss out on the original sale?

We waited for the public sale so we could get tickets to take our kids with us along with getting tickets together for them for Cyprus and Spain games as well. It had sold out by the time we got sorted so that's on us but to release more and not have the option as a member is a piss take. People who already had could buy another 6 as well which is a joke 

54 minutes ago, Willie84 said:

We waited for the public sale so we could get tickets to take our kids with us along with getting tickets together for them for Cyprus and Spain games as well. It had sold out by the time we got sorted so that's on us but to release more and not have the option as a member is a piss take. People who already had could buy another 6 as well which is a joke 

I agree that allowing folk to buy 6 tickets is shit. But this is the SFA, they don't give a shit.

1 hour ago, Willie84 said:

You do wonder where they got the idea of allowing individuals to buy 6 tickets.Where did they pluck that number from.Surely it couldn't be because the more that buy 6 tickets makes it less hassle for them than selling maybe 2 tickets to a lot more people.Or am i just being too cynical on this.Just can't get to grips with people being allowed to buy 6 tickets each on one membership.When was that the last time that happened if ever in the ssc.Seems wrong no matter what way you look at it.

17 hours ago, thesaint said:

You do wonder where they got the idea of allowing individuals to buy 6 tickets.Where did they pluck that number from.Surely it couldn't be because the more that buy 6 tickets makes it less hassle for them than selling maybe 2 tickets to a lot more people.Or am i just being too cynical on this.Just can't get to grips with people being allowed to buy 6 tickets each on one membership.When was that the last time that happened if ever in the ssc.Seems wrong no matter what way you look at it.

If the tickets were getting sent by post I could perhaps see the ‘ less hassle’ argument for 6 tickets per person as we are close to the date of the game . But they are being sent by email so it’s irrelevant, I had the tix  in my inbox within 5 mins of ordering them. I could have asked more friends if they wanted them but I didn’t, I got them for the colleague as I knew he really wanted to take his son. I think 6 tickets is far too much per person given the general demand for them , its only fair its spread around and everyone has a fair chance of getting them. 

They used to allow 6 or more tix per member years ago when they were finding it hard to fill the stadium but I haven’t seen that offer for a long time. 

On 8/26/2023 at 2:23 PM, TDYER63 said:

If the tickets were getting sent by post I could perhaps see the ‘ less hassle’ argument for 6 tickets per person as we are close to the date of the game . But they are being sent by email so it’s irrelevant, I had the tix  in my inbox within 5 mins of ordering them. I could have asked more friends if they wanted them but I didn’t, I got them for the colleague as I knew he really wanted to take his son. I think 6 tickets is far too much per person given the general demand for them , its only fair its spread around and everyone has a fair chance of getting them. 

They used to allow 6 or more tix per member years ago when they were finding it hard to fill the stadium but I haven’t seen that offer for a long time. 

Your probably right regarding the tickets getting sent to a phone but for the life of me i can't see any reason at all why they gave a single member the chance to buy 6 tickets .Surely as you say it should have been spread out among more potential buyers.That decision came out of left field vis-a-vis the usual ticket  sales schedule.😉